WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: BTRFS Support?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline steelcowboy

BTRFS Support?
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi all! Absolutely love this system, I have a 300MiB boot partition for Arch Linux and had no problem fitting TinyCore in there as well  ;D

However, the main purpose I wanted TinyCore to serve was as a sort of rescue utility -- if Arch isn't booting, or a partition has some problems I can fix them without a Live USB. However, two of my partitions /home and /srv are both formatted as BTRFS, and I don't see a btrfs-progs extension for TinyCore. Any way I can get BTRFS support?

(I have no problem compiling things myself, but the autogen binary complained of missing files, something like /usr/share/aclocal/a4.pkg)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: BTRFS Support?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »
To use autogen.sh or similar, you often need automake libtool-dev intltool and gettext-dev

Offline steelcowboy

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
Thanks! I'll try adding those when I get a chance and see if I can get BTRFS to work. The btrfs-progs is all I need, correct? For example, installing will make "mount -t btrfs" actually work and not say "unrecognized option", or do I need a different package with mount?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:11:13 AM »
Btrfs support is included in the filesystems- extension, load it and mounting will work.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.