WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: sce-import package search parameters  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
sce-import package search parameters
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
I want to know what you all think of the sce-import package name searcing.  Right now, if you do "sce-import firmware", you will get in the menu list the package "firmware", the package "firmware-ipw2200", but not the package "ipw2200-firmware" if such a thing exsited. 

Do you want to include a full range of matches on a package name by default?  Or continue to just match based on the beginning of a package name? Or provide matching the full name as an option?

Offline netnomad

Re: sce-import package search parameters
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
hi jason,

full range search is on a total different quality-level than matches based on the beginning of the package name :-)
an acient palm can search through huge databases with fulltext-search,
but an acutal iphone doesn't have this capability :-(
the best would be even to search with two sniplets f.e. sce-import -m "ipw2 mware";-)

thank you for your interest and commitment.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »
Two snippets would require a total rewrite from what I see.  I could easily just do one snippet the matched any part of the package name.  Would make a long list though.  Maybe I will put up a release candidate when I have time for folks to test.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 10:44:18 PM »
hi jason,

that solution is fine :-)

keep on hacking ;-)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:22:39 PM »
Now available via the "-c" option of sce-import.  Returns a full list of packages that have that part in their filenane.  Very exhuastive, but is useful.

Tested, now in the latest release.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »
This is a very useful addition. However, I have encountered a situation where its behaviour is quite unexpected. It happens when there is an already imported extension of the same name as the search argument.

Let's say, I created an extension from a list named "alsa" and now want to check what other packages containing the string "alsa" exist. ''sce-import -c alsa'' will then offer to (re-)import that same extension. For regular ''sce-import'' this can be deemed expectable, for a search string it is not IMHO.

I suggest turning off the checking for already existing extensions of the same name if this is possible without too much trouble.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
I will see if that can be worked in the routine.