WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: piCore6 on RaspberryPi 2  (Read 2527 times)

Offline mikeh

piCore6 on RaspberryPi 2
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »
I have created an SD card of piCore6 that works fine on a pi A+ and a pi B+. When I plug the card into a pi 2 (which runs several other  OS's quite happily - can a pi be happy?)  it won't boot, just puts up a rainbow flash screen and sits there. No messages at all.
Can anyone tell me what is happening
Mike

Offline Greg Erskine

Offline mikeh

Re: piCore6 on RaspberryPi 2
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 02:13:49 PM »
Thanks Greg.  I managed to boot to the piCore-6.1beta1_v7-X version on the pi2.  Not quite sure what to expect, only a minimalist console, startx not found.  I will watch for later editions

Mike

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Thanks Greg.  I managed to boot to the piCore-6.1beta1_v7-X version on the pi2.  Not quite sure what to expect, only a minimalist console, startx not found.  I will watch for later editions

Mike

Strange?

Offline jgrulich

• GRULICH DESIGN - R&D Lab.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 01:33:44 AM »
Hi Mike,

this distro is working well for me. It boots into the GUI automatically at the first boot, without any additional setup.
Please keep some basic steps:
1) use some fast SD card, at least 8MB/sec., I'm using 2GB SD, or 4GB SDHC class 10
2) wipe the card with the SD formater utility with "Format size adjustment" set to ON
3) create the SD card from the image file with Win32Disk, or other utility
4) place the SD card into the Raspi and plug the power, it will boot to the GUI.

Regards, Jan.