WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC 6 Reviewed  (Read 1853 times)

Offline thane

TC 6 Reviewed
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »
Linux Format UK for April 2015 has a review of Tiny Core 6.0. It's generally favorable (8/10), although it does mention some of the issues with extensions that have been brought up in this forum. A larger omission is that it appears to completely overlook dCore. Tiny Core 6.0 is included on the accompanying DVD.

Offline LichenSymbiont

• Github: LichenSymbiont
Re: TC 6 Reviewed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:05:24 AM »
Blasphemy! Overlooking dCore... The minimal distro which will rule them all... in the future...
But it's good that they keep it silent -- then it's easier to pull off the dPlan for world-domination... with masses of drones converting Windows and Mac computers to dCore ^^

Edit: I've read the article on MagaStack.com, and it's motivating me to get on with my light GUI framework and development tool! To give *Core a modern, yet super-light, interface that will really make an impression.
Then the scores would be an even 8-9 (10 hopefully) for everything.
I'm glad they mentioned USB booting, which makes my multiboot stick really practical, being able to just run TC or dCore, without having to install anything.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:22:27 AM by LichenSymbiont »
Basic mindfulness discipline: Why not be totally relaxed and fearless in this moment?
I have finally started my Github page for dCore: https://github.com/LichenSymbiont/linux-scripts