WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: SpaceFM  (Read 16456 times)

Offline coreplayer2

SpaceFM
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:44 AM »
On the notion of more is better.. :p 

I've been compiling and testing SpaceFM, seems to meet my requirements quite well

tabbed gui
user has standard window
root has red window
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:28:07 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: SpaceFM
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
With the help of the New Online Extension Browser I found SpaceFM had at onetime been submitted for tc-4.x by aus9.  since the maintainer hasn't been around for a while and there have been many updates, ie: v0.8.6 to v1.0.0  also tc-4.x to tc-6.x  I'll just go ahead and update the extension..

Spacefm for those whom have never used it is a highly customizable, tabbed, multi-pane'd  file manager.  This latest version (v1.0 released April 13th 2015) built with gtk2,  udevil and fakeroot.  is compatible with gtk3 however I just haven't gotten around to compiling with gtk3 yet

see more here http://ignorantguru.github.io/spacefm/

extensions being updated for tc-6.x asap:
spacefm
spacefm_locale

and new deps added:
udevil
udevil_locale
fakeroot
fakeroot_locale
fakeroot_man

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
spacefm.tcz has been updated and submitted for the tc-6.x  x86

spacefm.tcz

also optional extensions:
spacefm-doc.tcz
spacefm-locale.tcz

fakeroot.tcz
fakeroot-doc.tcz
fakeroot-locale.tcz

lsof.tcz

and lastly
udevil.tcz ***

***there is a delay on "udevil" optional extension needed for auto-mounting of usb drives, cd/dvd's, etc etc.  udevil auto-mounts with ease however I think this program was written for other mainstream distro's since udevil auto-mounts to the fs label directories instead of sdxx as per fstab.  Still working a resolution, may even need a little help with that.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:53:58 PM by coreplayer2 »

gordon64

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
Hi

are you planning on submitting a x86_64 TCZ?
 :)

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
spacefm.tcz "File Manager" extensions have been updated to latest version (1.0.4) and submitted for the tc-6.x  x86 repo.

spacefm.tcz
spacefm-doc.tcz
spacefm-locale.tcz

My favorite file manager

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »
Latest SpaceFM v1.04 now available in the repo's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline emninger

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
Hi coreplayer. It's nice to have spacefm here. I tried it out, but some things do not work as expected, may be i'm missing something.

Most noticeable: spacefm seems to be unable to display icons for a certain type of files like for example .Xdefaults or .Xresources or shell scripts with *.sh ending. I tried with several icon sets and i even tried with the xfe sets (gnome-blue), which in xfe displays an icon for that kind of file.

When i do "spacefm --desktop-pref" i get the following error msg:
Code: [Select]
/home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0:17: error: unexpected character '/', expected string constant
(spacefm:15839): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
but the gui window with the spacefm desktop settings then opens correctly. Is murrine a dependency of spacefm?

Any idea in regard?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:12:39 PM by emninger »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »
Hi emninger
Maybe you need  gtk-engine-murrine.tcz

Offline emninger

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 11:16:20 PM »
Hi emninger
Maybe you need  gtk-engine-murrine.tcz

I installed it and indeed the murrine related error msg disappeared. If spacefm presumes the presence of murrine shouldn't it be installed automatically as a dependency?

But for the rest nothing changed.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 12:32:01 AM »
I believe that in most cases an extension should have the minimum dependencies required to function, but the info file should mention which additional dependencies can be used for added functionality.

I would suspect that you need to edit an ini file somewhere to tell gtk to use the murrine theme and appropriate icon package - what does google say?

Offline emninger

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 01:19:48 AM »
Hi Juanito.

I have set in $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 the correct icon set, and it's used, so far, spacefm obviously respects the settings there (it also changes when i change the icon settings there). But it does not work for some strange reason for the file type(s) i mentioned above.

This is my gtkrc-2.0 file:
# DO NOT EDIT! This file will be overwritten by LXAppearance.
# Any customization should be done in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine instead.
gtk-theme-name="FlatStudioDark"
gtk-icon-theme-name="mate-brave"
gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 10"
gtk-cursor-theme-name="SharpDot"
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=1
gtk-menu-images=1
gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle="hintslight"
include /home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0.mine

And .gtkrc-2.0.mine:
# ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine - GTK+ theme, icon and font configuration.
#
# System files   : /usr/share/{themes,icons,fonts}
# Personal files : ~/.icons and ~/.fonts
#
include $HOME/.themes
include $HOME/.icons
include $HOME/.fonts
include $HOME/.sounds

I'm not so linux knowledged, so i don't know wether or not the gtk related error msgs might be in some way related to the icons display problem.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 01:25:49 AM »
hello emninger

I did a little research and found that murrine is not related to spacef and no matter what I do there are no errors when loading spacefm from the terminal.    There is a gtk 3.0 version but that is even more sensitive to gtk config settings.   However murrine is a gtk 2.0 desktop theme so is more likely used for Openbox or some other application you might have installed.  As in all gtk themes you first install the theme then start the application with that theme.   I'd look at other gtk application config files for the answer to why murrine is being used.

To try out various themes you may install some them engines and use this terminal command 
Exec=env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/local/share/themes/ClearLooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc spacefm

I'm still looking for the answer to the few missing file type icons, but is also likely to be a gtk 2.0 config issue.   Will ask

Offline emninger

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 02:34:29 AM »
hello emninger

I did a little research and found that murrine is not related to spacef and no matter what I do there are no errors when loading spacefm from the terminal.    There is a gtk 3.0 version but that is even more sensitive to gtk config settings.   However murrine is a gtk 2.0 desktop theme so is more likely used for Openbox or some other application you might have installed.  As in all gtk themes you first install the theme then start the application with that theme.   I'd look at other gtk application config files for the answer to why murrine is being used.

As you see from my .gtkrc-2.0 i use FlatStudioDark as gtk 2 theme. And as for programs i'm aware of, i have claws-mail, libreoffice viewnior using gtk 2. Firefox is gtk2 or gtk 3 related? In any case, i don't see errors in them. And also spacefm seems to work flawlessly without murrine (but, installing it made disappear that error msg.)

Wherefrom the other
/home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0:17: error: unexpected character '/', expected string constant is coming i don't know.

To try out various themes you may install some them engines and use this terminal command 
Exec=env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/local/share/themes/ClearLooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc spacefm

I'm still looking for the answer to the few missing file type icons, but is also likely to be a gtk 2.0 config issue.   Will ask

Spacefm respects the settings in .gtkrc-2.0. But, as far as i understand, murrine is not really a theme but an engine, isn't it? Even with Clearlooks (using the command you gave me!) i still have the problem with the missing file types icon. As far as i understand in this moment, spacefm either displays a generic file icon for unspecified files or thumbnails for pic files IF the thumbnail option in the settings is activated. Otherwise no icons for pic files as well. But any kind of specific file, also office or word docs as well as scripts and otherwise executables, do not have any icon.

[EDIT]: Fixed code tag.  Rich
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:16:38 AM by Rich »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 07:30:56 AM »
Hi emninger
/home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0:17: error: unexpected character '/', expected string constant That indicates the error is on line 17 which reads:
include /home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0.mineIs it possible it should be:
include "/home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 09:20:19 AM »

As you see from my .gtkrc-2.0 i use FlatStudioDark as gtk 2 theme. And as for programs i'm aware of, i have claws-mail, libreoffice viewnior using gtk 2. Firefox is gtk2 or gtk 3 related? In any case, i don't see errors in them. And also spacefm seems to work flawlessly without murrine (but, installing it made disappear that error msg.)
murrine is not a dependency of spacefm.  I believe Raleigh is listed as the default theme /.gtkrc-2.0:gtk-theme-name="Raleigh"   murrine is not listed on my any of my systems and I can not duplicate.  I don't get errors, sorry.   later today I'll grep the source code to verify
Why not grep for in on you system it to see where murrine is being referenced ; 
grep -r 'murrine' * try in your ~/ dir first

Where from the other
/home/tc/.gtkrc-2.0:17: error: unexpected character '/', expected string constant is coming i don't know.
spacefm --desktop-pref works fine for me,  perhaps a custom config??

Spacefm respects the settings in .gtkrc-2.0. But, as far as i understand, murrine is not really a theme but an engine, isn't it?
theme, engine are the same thing right?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:32:11 AM by coreplayer2 »