General TC > General TC Talk

Makefile looks for .so files but treat them as static

(1/1)

Scampada:
Makefile now says me it attempts static link of a dynamic object (/usr/local/lib/libpng16.so).
I've tried both ./configure --disable-static and without this option.

Why is it trying to do static linking with an obviously shared version of a library? Btw, this makefile also builds libpng and libjpeg sources in a subdirectory (containing static .a files) but gets a shared library from /usr/local/lib and tries to link it. It won't build if there weren't built static versions of these libs in a subdirectory, failing with error there is no libs/libpng/.libs/libpng.a and so on. Maybe I should override its behaviour in some way?

bmarkus:
Your question is not related to TC but to Linux in general. For such support please use the generic Linux forums like linuxquestions, stackoverflow, etc.

Scampada:
Surely, but I hoped maybe there are for example such things as lib*-static.tcz. I don't really know much of TC. Well... Maybe it's to the good.

Scampada:
I do not really think this problem has no concern with TC because I have successfully built this package under my openSUSE 13.2 using its tools and its libjpeg, libpng, gpm, freetype, zlib devel packages. All that I loaded as extensions.
So, topic's closed, I'm going on making experiments, just wanted to say.

Scampada:
I have removed libpng.tcz from onboot.lst and installed static libraries manually. Then I edited the PNG flags in Makefile (I know it's a shame but I was too lazy to reconfigure) from png16 (which was 'dynamic object' to png12 (which was static, at least the linker ate that). Any other ways did not work for me. All the ways I was told of on several forums not including this one. --disable-static, --disable-shared, LDFLAGS=-L$(pwd)/libs, LDFLAGS=-shared and so on and on.

So... I'm not too experienced to decide where was the problem and its solution... But obviously for me it was in replacing libpng.tcz with static version of library.

--- Quote ---I hoped maybe there are for example such things as lib*-static.tcz
--- End quote ---
Maybe it was a pair of crunches, but it worked, and other solutions did not. Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version