WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: usb-modeswitch  (Read 10121 times)

Offline Onyarian

Re: usb-modeswitch
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »
Hi Jason,

I can confirm that this dependencies with the modificated usb-modeswitch coming from TC5.x works in dCore-jessie also.

If you want I can send you this usb-modeswitch5.sce so you can see the differences with the actual usb-modeswitch comming from debian

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
Ok, great.  And if needed we can make usb-modeswitch a premade package to avoid the Debian/Ubuntu one if we can't get them to work in dCore.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 03:00:51 PM »
Here is the file. I named it as usb-modeswitch5.sce because is coming from TC5.x

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 07:52:12 AM by Rich »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »
Thanks, made into a prebuilt package, being from TC 5.x it should work with all dCore x86 ports.  Please re-import and test.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »
Hi Jason,

Perfect!
works OK in ub-dCore-trusty and in dCore-jessie, with only to sce-load usb-modeswitch and sce-load usb-serial-3.16.6-tinycore

the dongle is recognize and I can connect to internet
(Now I am writing this thru the dongle)

Thanks.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Glad to hear!  I like to get the upstream packages to work if possible but when needed, we will usurp Debian/Ubuntu with custom built packages.

Offline hiro

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 04:45:21 AM »
Guys, can you clarify please on what exactly works? you plug in the device and it switches mode automatically? Or did you have to change the rules files or run usb_modeswitch binary manually?

I don't seem to understand how this works. What is running ./lib/udev/usb_modeswitch ? and what is running the dispatcher?
In the .rules file it seems like usb_modeswitch is run. But is it not using the PATH, is udev first looking in /lib/udev?

Offline hiro

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 05:14:01 AM »
Ok. Found the bug (which was really hard, had to guess as it wouldn't error visibly anywhere!)

You have to make sure that /usr/local/tce.installed/usb-modeswitch is compatible to you tcl package
I changed ln -s /usr/local/bin/tclsh /usr/bin/ to ln -s /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.5 /usr/bin/tclsh

Should be fixed at least in tc 6.x

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
I fixed the startup script in tcl8.5, the affected package, so should work now in all dCore ports.

Offline hiro

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
hiro, were you having this issue while running dCore or Core? 

The tcl package in Core is maintained by bmarkus.  I would be happy to update it but it would be best to report the issue with the tcl.tcz extension in the TCE Bugs.  That is where folks are going to look for extension bugs and then there is a record of the problem and the fix regarding the Core package.  As I don't use tcl or usb-modeswitch in Core if you would open a bug report there it would be great.

Thanks for finding the problem and the fix for it!

Offline hiro

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 02:53:32 AM »
Sure, only reported here cause it's exactly the same extension and jls_legalize also told me he doesn't follow core stuff any more :)
But I'll post a link to here in the core forum. Until yesterday I didn't realize how many of you guys are using dcore only now. It became a bit fragmented ;)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »
Evidently this package is working in dCore, but not in Core.  Bugs found while running Core should be reported in the Core area, dCore in the dCore area, AllwinnerA10 in the AllwinnerA10 area.  That is not fragmentation, but organization.  As using one of those forum areas to have a discussion of a package when one is for example using Core and others are using dCore and each are having different issues is just going to be confusing.   I hope you understand.

Offline hiro

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 02:03:54 AM »
Oh, then I must have misunderstood this:
I fixed the startup script in tcl8.5, the affected package, so should work now in all dCore ports.
Sorry, still figuring out what dcore is about :)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 04:19:06 AM »
It's all good.  Mostly, I don't want anyone to hesitate to report issues here or in Core.  And thanks again for finding the bug. 

I will ping bmarkus about the tcl issue.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:41:38 AM by Jason W »