WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Xvesa  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Xvesa
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:28:10 PM »
Xvesa is now working in both standard PC's with a mouse and a touchpad laptop.  dCore shares Core's philosophy of being small memory footprint and small package size as much as possible, and Xvesa helps in this regard.  Xvesa should just work out of the box, and when Xorg is loaded, then Xorg takes over the task with no user intervention.  in the beginning of dCore development, a percieved issue with Xvesa and gtk2 in dCore-wheezy shelved Xvesa for the time being, but now I have tested it with iceweasel and other gtk2 apps in dCore-jessie.  There is no reason it should not just work all around the same it does in standard Core.

This thread is opened as  a place to report any issues or comments about Xvesa in dCore.   

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Xvesa
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
I am now running Xvesa as part of my 700MB desktop environment, all is working well.

I did a comparison of the below file lists as to resulting SCE size:

Code: [Select]
xorg-all
flwm_topside
emelfm
beaver
dillo

versus

Code: [Select]
Xvesa
flwm_topside
emelfm
beaver
dillo

The first one resulted in a 88.6MB SCE, and the second which is the same but using Xvesa it is a 48.6MB SCE.  When dealing with small imports needing X, Xvesa should help us quite a bit versus Xorg.