WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Image rotation captcha does not work in Internet Explorer  (Read 1587 times)

Offline NinjaCowboy

Image rotation captcha does not work in Internet Explorer
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:47 PM »
When trying to register for the forums, there is a captcha which requires you to drag sliders and rotate 3 images right-side up. I tried registering on a Windows 7 machine, but this didn't work on Internet Explorer 11 and I was unable to drag the sliders. I had to download another browser to be able to do this. I tested this on 3 computers, all running Windows 7 and IE 11. I know that most people here will be using Linux and not IE, but it is a problem for Windows users.

Offline core-user

• Linux since 1999
Re: Image rotation captcha does not work in Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »
Unfortunate but Windows Internet Explorer is not fully compliant with how things should be done. Most Windows users tend to use Firefox.
AMD, ARM, & Intel.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Image rotation captcha does not work in Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:10 AM »
It is a standard SMF package called notCaptcha, we don't really do PHP. I see IE11 not working was reported a year ago to them though.

So, likely to not be solved, given upstream doesn't care and we don't care about IE. Microsoft is working on a new browser called Spartan which should be more compatible.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.