WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Convert .deb or .tcz to .sce?  (Read 8837 times)

Offline expresspotato

Convert .deb or .tcz to .sce?
« on: February 15, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »
Hi all,

So I have an MK802 with the Realtek 8188eu wifi chipset and found the associated .tcz file in the repo, wl-8188eu...tcz. My understanding is from 5.0+ that dCore only accepts self-contained .sce files.

It doesn't looks like there is a way to directly create an sce from a tcz, instead the .deb must be converted into the sce file. I found this online : http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/5.x/armv7/Allwinner-A10/README-import.txt which states to use the importsce links but forgets to mention the command to actually convert a debian package into a sce file.

Also it looks like this can only be run on arm hardware? I can't run it if I'm not connected... importsce isn't found on my x86 build. So how can I convert the debian package rt18188eu directly?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Convert .deb or .tcz to .sce?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »
Hi expresspotato,

Use the below link to access arm dCore:

http://tinycorelinux.net/dCore/armv7/

And if that TCZ has no dependencies, just rename it and it will become an SCE.  There is not a command to convert a debian package, it is an involved process.  But to put it in a nutshell, below will convert a Debian package into an sce or tcz:

ar -x package.deb
mkdir pkg
tar xvf data.tar.gz -C pkg
mksquashfs pkg extension.sce ( or extension.tcz)

That does not take into account startup scripts, but can help if offline and needing to convert a .deb to an extension.

There is dCore for x86 also that has importsce if that is what you are asking. 

Offline honeydatax@sapo.pt

Re: Convert .deb or .tcz to .sce?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:43:37 PM »
Say "express" do you know are im can find files .deb for my raspbery ; im want to convert  libncursus.so.5 and libtinfo.so.6 debian packs but im dont knon to get the repositorian ? Thanks is for im run freebasic elf exe in tiny core :)