Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Install on Hyper-V - can't mount sda0 in v5.0+

(1/2) > >>

Hadlock:
I spent about an hour trying to get this to work, someone in 2013 on the forums said you had to set the drive to IDE in VMWare for it to work, so I was playing around with different combinations of DVD on IDE on controller 0 and 1, positions 0 and 1, SCSI also, finally realized that was in 2013. Downloaded and swapped in the 5.7 release. No luck. Downloaded and swapped in the 4.x release. Success! However now the network adapter doesn't work in this version  :-\

Only changes between the working network/no sda0 in 6.0 and broken network/found sda0 were swapping out the ISO in the Hyper-V settings.

Windows Hyper-V Server 2012 R2

Hadlock:
It looks like this was identified in the TC 5.0 alpha testing but got lost in the shuffle:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,15676.30.html

--- Quote ---problem solved.  hv_storvsc driver needs to be loaded separately from scsi-3.8.10-tinycore.tcz . Can we please have that driver included in core.gz ?
--- End quote ---

curaga:
As the current version is 6.0, a change to the 5.x series is unlikely - you can easily remaster it though. We can do this change for 6.1.

Hadlock:
Thanks! When it makes it in to the latest nightly please let me know and I would be happy to test for you. This would make a great starting point for building up Hyper-V virtual appliances. Hyper-V server is free if you would also like to do some testing directly.

Thanks again.

Juanito:
v6.1rc reissued with hv_storvsc in the base - please test and let us know if it works

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version