WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Core v6.1rc1  (Read 13927 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Core v6.1rc1
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:47 AM »
vmbus wait: a bug in the vmbus kernel driver I suppose, it hangs or is too slow for some reason.
mouse off: also visible in Virtualbox 4.x series, not visible in Qemu or Vbox 3. As it's a vbox bug in vbox, I guess it's a similar bug in HyperV. Using Xorg is a workaround.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Hadlock

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:30 PM »
I saw the coreplus about 15 minutes after posting that, thanks

Not having good luck getting packages to install in RC1

6.0 works fine

6.1 accepts the command but has no output, no error reported either. Python does not install. I also tested with openssh (my main two use cases at the moment).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:32:26 PM by Hadlock »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 10:03:48 PM »
I just deleted the python extension and downloaded it again using tce-load without problems - something to do with hyper-v maybe?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »
Edit the first line of the script to be "#!/bin/sh -x" and you'll have debug output.

Offline Hadlock

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
I don't understand what script to edit.

I re-installed on a virgin hyper-v machine instance and wasn't able to reproduce the (lack of) error; python and ssh installed.

The bad vm is still having the problem so it's not dns related. Let me know if you want to investigate further on that box or we can write it off as beginner's luck.

Offline aswjh

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
vi /usr/bin/tce-load
or
sed -i  '1c\#!/bin/sh -x' /usr/bin/tce-load

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »
^ of course those as root, or with sudo.

Offline nitram

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »
nitram wrote:
Quick observations.

1. On my system, SystemTools > SetTime doesn't do anything and autocomplete via terminal doesn't seem to have any SetTime command. Is this the same as Date/Time in the ControlPanel? If so, the ControlPanel version appears to work but not from the SystemTools > SetTime drop down menu.
Had to do some learning and testing. Now realize that ControlPanel Date/Time allows user to manually set date/time, while SystemTools>SetTime syncs ntpd. Wanted to point out some SystemTools>SetTime and other issues, maybe others could confirm or address.

1. Unless i overlooked, the Core pdf manual makes no reference to the SetTime command. Very difficult for a new user to figure out the difference between this and the Control Panel's Date/Time feature. Would be great if the manual could be more comprehensive in regards to default SystemTools.

2. Similar to above, query renaming SetTime to something more intuitive for new users, such as NetworkTimeSync(ntpd) or similar.

3. Lack of any GUI output via SystemTools>SetTime. Every SystemTools menu entry provides GUI output when selected (Apps, ControlPanel, Editor, Exit, MountTool, RunProgram, Screenshot, Services, Top and Xkill), except SetTime. At the very least, it would be great if a popup indicated 'UTC time set to xxx' and if the script is unable to successfully complete 'network time sync not successful, check ntp server, network connection and port 13 status'.

4. No .wmx folder is re-created in the user's (tc) home directory when using JWM, which houses the .wmx/SystemTools/SetTime script, among others. The .wmx directory is created when running flwm_topside. Can it be created when running any/all window managers?

5. Similar to above, why does /opt/.xfiletool.lst by default remove .wmx when the scripts contained in this folder are useful regardless of window manager?

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:09:57 PM by nitram »