Tiny Core Base > Release Candidate Testing

Core v6.1rc1

(1/5) > >>

Juanito:
Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce that Tiny Core 6.1 rc1 is available for public testing:

http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/6.x/x86/release_candidates/
http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/6.x/x86_64/release_candidates/

This is a release candidate. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. We don't want anyone to lose data.

We appreciate testing and feedback.

Changelog for 6.1 rc1:
* busybox updated to 1.23.1
* tce-load: apply awk patch from forum member aswjh
* settime.sh: fix systems with default year not 1970   
* tce-load: remove unused depi variable
* search.sh: awk patch from aswjh
* search.sh: move common part to a function
* tce-audit: awk patch from aswjh

Also in conjuction with the above in Xprogs:
* apps: quote the search argument, patch from aswjh
* apps: reload the list on an empty search
* apps: Set a minimum size to the window
* apps: Nicer resize behavior

Misalf:
Boot time decreased from 35 seconds to 32 seconds. Thanks, aswjh! (:

Mount tool still says FLTK in the title. q:

curaga:
Some of that is depmod being faster (no 800 forks anymore), which is in busybox 1.23.

nitram:
Thanks everyone involved for the ongoing development. Just updated core.gz and vmlinuz. Terminal outputs version 6.1rc1. Hope to help with testing. Boots flawlessly. Didn't time boot, but no obvious changes noted.

The new string search feature in Apps is great. No longer need to memorize the first 3-4 letters of a package. Searching 'office', for example, returns goffice and libreoffice.

--- Quote ---Juanito wrote:
Changelog for 6.1 rc1:
* busybox updated to 1.23.1
Also in conjuction with the above in Xprogs:
* apps: quote the search argument, patch from aswjh
* apps: reload the list on an empty search
* apps: Set a minimum size to the window
* apps: Nicer resize behavior
--- End quote ---
Not sure i understand what 'quote the search argument' means. When entering a search into Apps, same example as 'office' above, Apps properly returns results but the search word 'office' is blanked from the search box - is this by design? Normally i would think most users would want their search term to stay on screen until they are ready for a new search - maybe that's just me.

Regarding 'reload the list on an empty search'. Again maybe i don't fully understand, but when the search box is empty and i click to select the empty box but don't enter a search term query and press enter (search for nothing), the available extension list does not reload but just continues to display the last search results. I need to manually select Apps > Cloud > Browse to repopulate the extension list.

No noticable changes with Apps appearance or resizing behaviour on my Xvesa netbook, running 1024x576. As before, the Apps dropdown can only be selected by clicking over the letters Apps, not what appears to be the 'button' to a layperson. On my system there is no minimum size limit for the Apps window and the Apps dropdown appearance still squishes and stretches funky when resizing. Screenshots attached.

curaga:
@nitram

It definitely sounds like you're using old Apps, not the new one. The old one is likely loaded from your tce directory, you should update extensions to get the new Xprogs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version