Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

i8042: No controller found

(1/2) > >>

mbertrand:
We have this controller that once in a while after rebooting gets stuck with this line on the screen 'i8042: No controller found'.
There is also the Tiny Core splash screen. We know that this is just a warning and we have a usb keyboard plugged in.
The controller is connected to a backup power supply. When this happen we decided that every morning we would turn the power off and let the power supply drain and then power up. This was good for a couple of weeks until now. After powering back up it got stuck.
Any ideas of what could be the cause? At this stage in the boot process is there any way I could get access to file system or make the kernel logs persistent?

Rich:
Hi mbertrand

--- Quote ---We know that this is just a warning and we have a usb keyboard plugged in.
--- End quote ---
Is it plugged into a USB port or into the PS2 port using an adapter?
If it's plugged into a USB port, try adding the following boot code:

--- Code: ---i8042.nokbd
--- End code ---
That was found here:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt#1219

--- Quote ---Any ideas of what could be the cause?
--- End quote ---
It's possible the 8042 was initially a little flakey and has now finally failed.

mbertrand:
No adapter strait usb. I get the message all the time and that no problem but sometimes gets stuck there. Maybe it's what comes after?

Rich:
Hi mbertrand
Did you try the boot code I suggested?

mbertrand:
No not yet. The problem is that it is intermittent. It toolk a week for it to happen again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version