WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Which is better for RPi development: Native on Pi or Cross Compile?  (Read 8100 times)

Offline andyj

Re: Which is better for RPi development: Native on Pi or Cross Compile?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »
I spoke too soon. The native compile died because it's looking for bc for kernel./timeconst.h

Offline andyj

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 05:05:15 AM »
I got both the native and cross compilers to work. Both kernels boot, but both complain that it can't find /lib/modules/3.12.36-piCore during boot and so USB doesn't work. The directory is actually  /lib/modules/3.12.36-piCore+ in 6.0.gz. CONFIG_LOCALVERSION from /proc/config.gz is "-piCore" and not "-piCore+". How did this happen, and how do I get my kernels to boot properly?

Offline andyj

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
Adding a symlink from 3.12.36-piCore to 3.12.36-piCore+ in /lib/modules and rebuilding 6.0.gz fixed the boot issue, but that's obviously a kludge. BTW, I did finally get the USB display working. It would be helpful if I could get dual-head working (I don't want xinerama), but that might be asking a lot of a RPI.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »
I forget the link, but the level config automatically adds the "+" when you modify it.   It's a pain, so if you build the kernel, you need to replace the modules in the initrd as well

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 01:47:35 AM »
Also, I tested libnfc.tcz. libnfc and the kernel modules pn533 and nfs are mutually exclusive, so libnfc will only work if the kernel modules are NOT loaded. So please remove the nfc-KERNEL.tcz dependency. Without the modules it works fine. Thanks.

nfc-KERNEL.tcz  removed
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."