Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Need help compiling Linux

(1/3) > >>

kalu:
Hi all!

I'm in the process of compiling Linux-3.16.6. I have all of these extensions already loaded:
*compiletc
*perl5
*bash
*ncurses-dev
*linux-3.16.2_api_headers
I've also copied config-3.16.6-tinycore to .config

But an error keeps on appearing with 'make menuconfig' or 'make oldconfig':

--- Code: ---tc@FujitsuUPG:/mnt/sda1/fresh6/linux-3.10.65$ make oldconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
scripts/basic/fixdep.c:106:23: fatal error: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
 #include <sys/types.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
scripts/Makefile.host:118: recipe for target 'scripts/basic/fixdep' failed
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
Makefile:419: recipe for target 'scripts_basic' failed
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
tc@FujitsuUPG:/mnt/sda1/fresh6/linux-3.10.65$
--- End code ---

I tried replacing replacing 'sys' with 'linux' (because 'sys/types.h' doesn't exist anyway), but it still complains that the 'linux/types.h' doesn't exist (when in fact, it does). And after having tried doing this several times, sometimes it still looked for 'sys/types.h' even after I had changed it to 'linux/types.h'. Does anyone have a clue?

kalu:
Sorry, forgot to add that I'm using TC v6.0.

And the kernel I'm currently using (Linux-3.16.6) is the same as the one I'm trying to compile in the hope that my systems aren't not so different other TC v6.0.

The reason for compiling is that we have several equipments requiring the experimental option 'CONFIG_DRM_GMA3600=y'. And also I need to change to kernel bootsplash logo for a lightweight bootsplash as an alternative to plymouth. So I'm thinking that I only need to turn this option on, change the logo and keep everything else the same. So what do you think? (anyone)

Juanito:
'looks OK to me using linux-3.16.6-patched.txz  ???

--- Code: ---$ tce-load -i compiletc perl5 bash ncurses-dev
$ make mrproper
$ cp /mnt/sdb1/source/config-3.16.6-tinycore64 /usr/src/linux-3.16.6/.config
$ make oldconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
In file included from scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:2537:0:
scripts/kconfig/menu.c: In function 'get_symbol_str':
scripts/kconfig/menu.c:590:18: warning: 'jump' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     jump->offset = strlen(r->s);
                  ^
scripts/kconfig/menu.c:551:19: note: 'jump' was declared here
  struct jump_key *jump;
                   ^
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf --oldconfig Kconfig
#
# configuration written to .config
#
--- End code ---

kalu:
Hmmm... I'm starting to think that something is wrong with the way I installed my tinycore. My 'tce-load -wil compiletc' doesn't even include 'make'. I had to download 'make' separately. Maybe I should try to start over again..?

The way I installed my system is by downloading the 'Core-current.iso' in a TC v5.4 system. I mounted the iso and copied core.gz and vmlinuz to the /mnt/sda1/tce/boot/tcv6.0/ directory and configured extlinux so that it would boot these two instead of the TC v5.4 ones and then I installed all the softwares I need including X. There's nothing wrong with this way of installing right? I didn't use the Install app in CorePlus to install because the graphics was unusable with all window managers.

kalu:
That's the strange thing.... Now I have X and openbox in my TC v6.0 working fine (except that xrandr reports 'default connected', which my superior says it means that Linux didn't find the driver). On the other hand, when I was trying to install TC v6.0 using the Install app in CorePlus, graphics was unbearable, full of glitches. I couldn't see what I was typing, I couldn't see where where the cursor was, etc. Straaaange... :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version