Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

T.C.6.0 extension problems

(1/6) > >>

core-user:
Installed CorePlus 6.0 & have found that there are a few problems with some tcz extensions.

Trying to use mplayer (on demand), I have no sound, (sound is working OK with xmms), also won't enlarge the movie to fill the screen.

Trying to run vlc (on demand), nothing happens when I try running it from the menu or wbar, missing libiconv.so.2 reported when trying to run it from a terminal.

Trying to run viewnior (on demand), nothing happens when I try running it from the menu or wbar, missing libffi.so.5 reported when trying to run it from a terminal.

beerstein:
today I tried to install pcmanfm and VLC player . Install worked OK. But could not start both from GUI (wbar) nor from CL.
Other than that 6.0 looks great. Firefox installed quicker then I was used to on previous versions. Youtube video worked right out of the box in Firefox. To get sound I installed almost everything from the repo which started with alsa. (alsa.tcz, alsamixergui.tcz, alsa.conf and alsa modules. The info txt from alsa tells you how to start alsa.
Excellent work. Thank you so much.
Now I have to put the alsa start command into bootlocal.sh - hope that will make the alsa start permanent over reboots.

beerstein:
OK -- the gparted extension has been fixed and he new gparted.tcz works. EXCEPT it does not show the content of a partition. To fix that: please install e2fsprogs.tcz. Somebody needs to put that into the dependency list too.

pcmanfm needs the libffi5 extensions. I installed them and pcmanfm works ok now. Dependencies need to be fixed too here.

VLC is not working yet. Here is the error message.:
tc@box:~$ vlc
vlc: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
tc@box:~$
There is no  libiconv.so.2 or similar extension in repo. What can we do?

beerstein:
Hi> Now I have another problem. Alsamixergui was working before. Now all of the sudden the alsamixer can not be started any more. I am getting the following error message:
alsamixer: function snc_ctl_open failed for default: No such file in directory

Any idea and help?

beerstein:
here are the error messages. When i first started alsasound - I had sound.
may be something went wrong after reboot.
Alsamixer works after reboot, but after I try to start alsasound the mixer can not be started any more.

tc@box:~$  sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound start
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_hda_codec_realtek': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_hda_codec_generic': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_hda_codec': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_hwdep': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_pcm': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd_timer': Resource temporarily unavailable
rmmod: can't unload 'snd': Resource temporarily unavailable
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
Something went wrong, sound was not set up.
tc@box:~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version