WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core v6.0  (Read 50988 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Tiny Core v6.0
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 07:36:57 PM »
It would be useful if the keyword/search term could be matched anywhere in the string

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 02:44:02 AM »
I've applied parts of the tce-load and apps patches (the unused depi variable, quoting search.sh arguments), thanks. I agree that an empty search should do the same as reloading the list with the "remote" menu item, but it should be done directly, passing nothing to search.sh and parsing tags.db for nothing is pointless extra work.

The tce-audit patch requires more testing than I can do right now, will take a look later.

The search.sh and tce-audit patches have been applied. I added the empty-search check in apps so that it works more optimally.

@Juanito
Normal search now matches anywhere in the filename.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline roborob

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »
Just upgraded one of my VMs today and everything I need works great!

I am on Google+ almost every day.  Stop by and say Hi:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115345272518912531004
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:56:16 PM by roborob »

Offline chattrhand

Re: Tiny Core v6.0 (and v6.0rc1)
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 02:46:45 AM »
Hi TinyCore Team,

I created some frugal test installations with tc 6.0 and also 6.0rc1 and they work fine.

I found that up from tc6.0  editor -R  file.txt is no longer valid for displaying this file.txt ReadOnly, at least if using this within /.X.d
---
It is fine that tc editor colours some keywords, text within "quotation marks", //hyperlinks, #remark lines and so on; up to tc5.4 the editor writes only black on white.

However, with editor up from tc6.0 I get a warning popup:

Displayed text contains the UTF-8 transcoding
 of the input file which was not UTF-8 encoded.
 Some changes may have occurred.

and the editor title shows "Untitled". This happens with text files that are created e.g. by bash scripts.

After closing this warning the editor title shows the correct file name. After saving this file it can be reopened without problems.

I cross tested newer and older text files with tc5.4 and tc6.0 and found that tc5.4 displays this text files without warning popup.

Any hints? Thanks in advance
TinyCore, SliTaz, LinuxMint, Tails, Mac ...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2015, 03:16:30 AM »
It is as the warning says, your files were not in UTF-8. TC 5 used FLTK 1.1, which didn't support UTF-8, and assumed latin-1.

For example, if your system locale is not UTF-8, and your scripts echo non-ascii chars into the file, it will be in the locale's encoding. echo "münch" > file.txt

Offline chattrhand

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 06:06:06 AM »
hi curaga, thanks for your fast answer,

right, I am using  de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap  with FLTK1.1 on tc5.4. So the text files were created with no UTF-8.

My workaround for now is:
- under tc6.0 open older files.txt with the editor,
- click away the warning
- add a character and remove it so that the file seems modified
- save and close it.
- re-open it. Up from now the tc6.0 editor accepts it without warning.

Now I have another question:
If editing a script (also original scripts by tc) with the tc editor and this warning pops up, what changes will occur, and will it result in syntax errors or different script operation?

TinyCore, SliTaz, LinuxMint, Tails, Mac ...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2015, 02:13:32 PM »
The non-ascii characters get converted to UTF-8, which may not work perfectly. For example the ü might become some other letter.