WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Technical IceWM Peeps needed  (Read 1556 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Technical IceWM Peeps needed
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »
I loaded up the icewm extension found in the 4x repo and it's a bit old, so I decided I was going to work on a quick fix by grabbing binaries (RPM) and reworking them for what I needed and shelve the idea of building a new extension from scratch and source for a bit.  Thus far the process has been almost effortless (once I located a reliable gif/ungif library which Ice 1.2.30 needed and built an extension for it) and thanks to the updates, the intended theme, icons, etc. are working nicely.

I haven't spent much time with Ice in the past thus I'm not overly experienced with the preferences but the areas I need the most effort are eluding me.

1) Is there any way to redirect or completely disable the left/right click on the desktop?  (left=window list, right=app menu)  It would be nice to "assign" an action to each if that's even within its options, but if not, shutting it off entirely would be preferred.

2) The Win(95) keys are listed in preferences, but when attempting to refine what action to take when the "flag" key is pressed (Alt+Ctrl+Esc) nothing happens, even when reassigning the Window List key to something else -- acting as though two or more assignments were made.

I stopped by the icewm forge but it doesn't look as though they're well known for communications through their ticket system thus I figured I'd ask here before I hit the sources.  Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

~TJ~
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline core-user

• Linux since 1999
Re: Technical IceWM Peeps needed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »
AntiX Linux use IceWM as their main interface, if you have no joy here, likely someone there will know.
http://antix.freeforums.org/index.php
AMD, ARM, & Intel.