WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: A bug in jwm.tce  (Read 2592 times)

Offline meo

A bug in jwm.tce
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »
Hi y'all!

The background button doesn't work when I use jwm.tce with microcore. It seems to be the same as with TC 2.0rc4. If I add the file .desktop containing the line: "wm: jwm" to home/tc as Robert mentioned in another thread, then is works. The problem is that I can't save this file and reboot because then I just get a black screen with a white x and the wbar and nothing works.It is possible to use the file temporarily to get a background of ones preference and save home/tc/,jwmrc instead and then it will boot as normal. Just wanted to mention this so it can get solved permanently. Microcore works so fine so it deserves a fully functional jwm.tce for those who prefer this wm.

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: A bug in jwm.tce
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
I believe the bug is with wallpaper GUI. It is looking for desktop in use using the now depreciated .desktop. I should be able to test and post an updated Xprogs.core.tczl which will have the fixed wallpaper. I will post when I have done so.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »
Hi again Robert!

Thank's for a prompt answer. Awaiting the fixed Xprogs.core.tczl. Thanks for a very nice work!

have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:58:59 AM »
I have refreshed core_elements at the download site.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.