WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: importsce & "-f" option  (Read 2053 times)

Offline jls

importsce & "-f" option
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:38:13 AM »
Hi
I think this option could be removed in favour of the routine automatically check the existence of a .sce.lst file.
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: importsce & "-f" option
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »
As I am often editing my file lists and can't remember what I put in any particular meta extension, I agree.

I think perhaps the -f option could bring up a menu that shows the sce.lst files in the sce directory, and then you could choose one to update or import.  But -f is also usually known as the option "force", so maybe we can remove it, or better name it to -l, as in list.  I will ponder it some more.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
hi friends,

to change -f to -l  seems to be reasonable,
but please, don't remove an option that perhaps someone relies on...?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
How about this, we change the -f flag to -l, which makes more sense.  But if you specify a file list, it is used, and then importsce creates an sce.lst file in the sce directory.  Then, re-importing the sce will automatically obey the sce.lst file and bring in it's contents.  This way, you don't have to create a file list name that is not already a Debian or preuilt package as is the current case.  Use the -l option to specify any package list, ie "importsce /home/me/filelist" and then importsce will create /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/filelist.sce.lst.  Upon re-importing filelist or beforehand creating /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/filelist.sce.lst the file list of packages /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/filelist.sce.lst  is imported.  However, if you specify another file list, as in "importsce /home/me/thisfile", then the contents of importsce /home/me/thisfile will be imported and it will become the new /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/thisfile.sce.lst

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
Implemented, see the release threads.