WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: One command update of the sce directory.  (Read 19924 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: One command update of the sce directory.
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
Ok, I am satisfied with my own testing and have uploaded a new cut to each of the dCore x86 ports in their release candidate section.  Lots of changes, I will try to summarize them here.  The command you use is updatesce.  Importupdatecheck has been removed as an extension and the old extension can't be installed alongside the new changes or it will cause problems.  Below are the command options.

updatesce    -   Will open up a select menu of existing SCEs to choose from. You can choose one, several, or up to all.

updatesce -c   -  will do as above but is in the "check only" mode and will not update the SCE but let you know if updates are available.  Can be combined with the other options.

updatesce -a  -  will update all existing SCEs.  Can be combined with the other options, combining with -c will just check all of them and -n will prevent having to answer any questions.

updatesce -n  -   Non-interactive mode.   Only if you don't enter either an SCE name or the "-a" option will a select menu appear.   Can be combined with the other options.  Spits out the results to /tmp/updateavailable rather than asking you do you want to view that file.

As with importsce, installing GNU grep beforehand very much enhances performance. 

Also, importsce has 2 new options. 

importsce -u  -  that will fetch a new debinx for the main Debian one and any in /opt/debextra.  This is the default and will trump the "-p" option whether it is listed in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig or the command line.   UPDATEDEBINXMODE=TRUE is the entry in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig.

importsce -p  -  that will use the existing debinx files, useful if you are importing several packages overa  short time and don't need to sync new debinx files. This option is overridden by either an entry in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig or the command line option of "-u".    The relevant entry in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig is  PRESERVEDEBINXMODE=TRUE.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:27:23 PM by Jason W »

Offline netnomad

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »
hi jason,

very good first impression, all works as expected!

i keep on testing :)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
I am continuing to test the new functions with the different SCE types here - made from list, has a dep file, etc.  Hopefully this one is a keeper and can be moved to release soon without much more ado. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »
Uploaded for the x86 dCore ports in release testing a very minor cosmetic change to the /tmp/updateavailable file that gets created. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Found a major bug in regards to the fetching and merging of the data.tar.gz files, all 4 x86 dCore ports.  Please re-download and test.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:17 AM »
Hi Jason,
Is possible to rename the dCore release candidates to ub-dCore-trusty-rc.gz for example? So is easily to recognize in the boot file.

And, Is possible to make a new entrance in the Download page for dCore x86 in the release and release candidates or in other ports? (in release is only the 5.x version, in the release candidates only the 6.x version, and in others ports are the x86 Pure 64, dCore Arm V7hf and Raspberry Pi)

Thanks.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
To rename the release candidate files as -rc.gz would mean I would have to rename each of the four dCore files and give them new md5sums whenever I copied to release.  Since the user is dealing with one file, it is much easier to download to /home/tc/ub-dCore-trusty.gz and move it with "mv /home/tc/ub-dCore-trusty.gz /mnt/sda2/boot/ub-dCore-trusty-rc.gz".  That would be easier than the burden being placed on me for the four files all of the time.  The dCore files can be renamed by the user at any time to whatever name they want to as long as it is reflected in the boot loader of course.

After moving the dCore location from tinycorelinux/5.x/ to tinycorelinux/dCore I had proposed an example Downloads page to the team pending approval that added dCore to the Downloads and Ports page.  We may just need to be happy accessing dCore through this forum section.

Oh, and I am getting ready to upload a fix that prevents /usr/share/doc and /usr/share/man from getting deleted prior to the squashing of the final package directory, some packages like pysolfc have /usr/share/doc files that are in thier -data.tar.gz.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:23:35 AM by Jason W »

Offline netnomad

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2014, 12:19:43 PM »
hi jason,

i agree to your point of view.
i guess that there exist so many opinions as colors in the rainbow ;)
for me i prefered to rename the dCore-jessie.gz-file to dCore.gz for compatibility-reasons
(easier copying of various bootloader-alternatives and so on),
but after i caused some misunderstandings in the forum with quoting my renamed file,
i got back to use the standard-filenames.

thank you for your contributions, keep on hacking.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:22:28 PM by netnomad »

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »
Hi Jason,

I understand too your point of view, and agree your efforts.

Maybe I'm going to rename by myself the release candidate, so I can prove them in my normal workspace.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »
Thanks Onyarian, renaming on your part will save me a lot of time. 

I have uploaded another cut to release_candidates, all dCore x86 ports, please download and test.

One fix deals with since we are storing extra Packages files in the form of /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/debinx.* files, if the relevant entries in /opt/debextra are not there, then those debinx.* files are deleted to avoid error during import.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »
Uploaded a new fix in this series for the x86 dCore ports, this one fixing the addition of imported sce's to sceboot.lst when the -b option was not called nor was it specified in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig.  It was a typo in importsce.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
I am taking it by the quiet that no news is good news.  Lots of changes, so I will give it about a week and copy the release candidates over to release..

Offline netnomad

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »
hi jason,

heavy testing confirmed the last cut as a stable system for my setup :)

i'm very happy with it, i'm mainly wishless, only suspend-to-ram remains a long-term wish...

keep on hacking.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:22:57 AM by netnomad »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:15 AM »
Ok, we are due a kernel update, maybe that will help in the suspend to ram thing.

I also plan to get CDE working so SCEs in the /cde directory will load on boot.  The initial code porting is missing something.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
My proves in my normal workspace are also OK.

Checking with -c founding there is an update (cups) in the big .sce and then without -c to run this update, no errors.

Thanks