WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Is Core17 dead?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline LinuxUser42

Is Core17 dead?
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
I've wanted to get a better understanding of Linux for a long time.  A lot of the distro's I find easy to use and I find myself forgetting commands that I don't use for a long time, so I thought something like the build yourself ones (LFS, Gentoo, Tiny Core, etc), might force me out of my comfort zone.
Eventually I would like to play with these on my PI's, but for now I was going to use an old netbook,  I found Core17, which intrigued me as I have liked the look and idea of Enlightenment and would like to try to learn to use it as well.  (my normal distro's tend to use LXDE as it is lightweight yet had enough features)  I started on the Tiny Core page, but I couldn't find what are the 7 window managers included with CorePlus so I kept looking. (figure if I can't find that, documentation may be lacking elsewhere). 
I made a USB stick with Core17 and let it choose its mirror but no software shows up and I don't see a way to select a list of mirrors.  Is it no longer and links to dead mirrors or how can one choose the mirror to build the software?

Thanks

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Is Core17 dead?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:31:13 AM »
We do not support forked projects here.
You need to use the forked project's support channels.

Offline LinuxUser42

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »
The only place I see the owner of that distro, is on this forum. Posting here I hope will get his attention (he was on already today, once), as well as maybe get answers to other questions (what are the included windowmanagers in CorePlus, because I might still use it if it has what I am looking for).

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »
If you want to get his attention, I suggest you pm him.

Rather than get hung up on the window managers included with CorePlus, you might take a look at the window managers in the repo.

Offline LinuxUser42

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
Thanks, I have pm'd him. 
I have downloaded the book and will start reading it, but there was a reason I was looking at CorePlus. (not going to be web access where I was going to be trying to install it)  Spending a few days house sitting with no internet.

Offline jls

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 01:17:48 AM »
Hi LinuxUser42
Yes, Core17 it's dead, I'm planning to make a new remix with e19 but this time based on dCore.
Which dead links are u talking about?
the core mirror is in /opt/tcemirror
dCore user