WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Expanding /mnt/mmcblk0p1  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Expanding /mnt/mmcblk0p1
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
Hi lykkedk
Try  dosfstools.tcz

Offline lykkedk

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »
Rich, Bela'

Thanks...

I finally made it  :)

tc@box:~$ df -h /dev/mmcblk0p1
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p1          286.0M     16.7M    269.2M   6% /mnt/mmcblk0p1
tc@box:~$ df -h /dev/mmcblk0p2
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2            2.0G     85.2M      1.8G   4% /mnt/mmcblk0p2

It's a bit geeky  8) to make it work, but i figured out along the way, that mydata.gz, included most, of what i wanted!

So... i now have a working piCore again  :), with a ~300Mb /boot partition.

BACK! to work, with my script, which will make a kind of switchable piCore possible.

I will hereby, tell, what my plan is:

Once one login with SSH, a quistion will be prompted, if one will change kernel (e.g 3.16.3 or 3.17.1 etc... etc.. etc.), then one can choose, to either quit, change kernel or make backup of kernel etc... etc.. etc.! ... also script, will prompt, if you want to tce-load some programs, which one uses only if one login into piCore.
-A bit hard to understand, but i will try to explain here. I normally use piCore, as a squeezebox substitute, playing .flac's, spootyfi, radio and so on, on my everyday normal living  :)... If i do not login, i am only interessted in having my RPI, run at it's minimum work, so that i can enjoy my other geek, interesst, namely do it yourself audio, with my highened class-A amp, preamp etc... etc..  8) - Enjoying music pure.

So what do you guy's think ??? am i crazy ??? - well... no matter what good evening, and rest good weekend

Regards;
   Jesper.

Offline andriusr

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
- backup content of /mnt/mmcblk0p1
- delete all partitions
- create a new VFAT partition starting at the same sector as deleted 1st partition started in any size
- format this partition (/dev/mmcblk0p1)
- copy files you saved in first step
Would it be possible to provide more details how to do this? When I create new larger VFAT partition in mmcblk0p1, the kernel says that it is not aware of the changes. When I reboot the files are not here I guess and system fails to start.

Offline lykkedk

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 02:26:25 AM »
- backup content of /mnt/mmcblk0p1
- delete all partitions
- create a new VFAT partition starting at the same sector as deleted 1st partition started in any size
- format this partition (/dev/mmcblk0p1)
- copy files you saved in first step
Would it be possible to provide more details how to do this? When I create new larger VFAT partition in mmcblk0p1, the kernel says that it is not aware of the changes. When I reboot the files are not here I guess and system fails to start.

Hi...

What i needed here, was place for keeping other kernels etc... (initrd), therefore i was at that time, expanding the mmcblk0p1 partition.
Later i figured out howto copy all files from another partition(/dev/mmcblk0p3) instead! - This is much easier :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3643848/copy-files-from-one-directory-into-an-existing-directory

Hope i get you the idea ?

RG; Jesper.