Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

How can I properly install TCL from Ubuntu?

(1/1)

Exeleration-G:
Hello everybody.

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something, but I haven't found it over the last couple of days.

I want to install TCL on a 128 MB USB pendrive. I want to have two partitions on it:

* a root partition
* a 'tce' partition to store extensions
I want to be able to use this pendrive as a backup operating system in case I screw something up.

I've used dd to write the latest TinyCore.iso to the USB pendrive (of = /dev/sdb), but that didn't work: I wasn't able to create a /tce directory in the root.

Afterwards, I plugged in the USB pendrive while running Ubuntu to see if I could create the directory from there. But this didn't work either, because /dev/sdb1 pointed to /dev/sdb , as it was a recursive partition, or something like that...

I could use some help here. Thank you!

gerald_clark:
The corepluss and tinycore  ISOs are installers.  You burn them to a CD or DD them to a flash drive.  Then you boot it and use it to install core to a hard drive, USB hard drive or USB flash drive.

Please read the book and other links at the top of http://tinycorelinux.net/ .

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: gerald_clark on October 27, 2014, 01:45:12 PM ---... and tinycore  ISOs are installers.

--- End quote ---

???

Exeleration-G:

--- Quote from: gerald_clark on October 27, 2014, 01:45:12 PM ---The corepluss and tinycore  ISOs are installers.  You burn them to a CD or DD them to a flash drive.  Then you boot it and use it to install core to a hard drive, USB hard drive or USB flash drive.

Please read the book and other links at the top of http://tinycorelinux.net/ .

--- End quote ---

Ok, thank you. I already read the stuff you sent me, but this made it a bit more clear. English is not my mother language.

gerald_clark:
Since Core is only 2 files, you should be able to add a boot stanza to your existing bootloader that loads the vmlinuz and core.gz available in the downloads.
Then create a tce directory in your Ubuntu's / directory.
Boot the core system and start installing extensions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version