WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ntfs  (Read 1700 times)

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
ntfs
« on: November 02, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »
hello,

please can you explaing around this issue below....

Yeah it's Flash..............that's what those type of web sites often use......

it didn't take me long to make the site because i use a special CODELESS tool...

it is interesting to note that Facebook has 1.2 billion live accounts...when you share any of your
stories to "public" they go to 1.2 billion accounts.  See if anybody donates me a dime.

here my laptop hard drive just failed Lich....it had been on it's way out for ages....

there is a spare drive here so it's OK

i am a little confused about Tinycore......it does not read NTFS partitions does it...?

yet i have an NTFS partition on pen drive........which happens to contain a directory called TCE
and that area is filled with tinycore tools.......tinycore seems to have no problem showing this NTFS partition and the TCE directory contents....... and also all the windows related folders show up on that drive are can be explored?

however....if i then plug some other external USB hard drive up........ with NTFS partitions on it.....tinycore will only LIST those partitions as present.....it won't allow you to inspect them etc.... unless i install ......ntfs3g.tcz....tool

what is happening there?

Vince.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: ntfs
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
Core cannot write to NTFS partitions, so you cannot use an NTFS partition for your tce directory unless you remaster the initrd to include ntfs-3g.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
sorry Gerald my OP was badly written....

......only the last paragraph of that OP is the subject matter of interest.

So core can read NTFS partitions and show contents.....and house it's TCE on an ntfs partition.....but it can not write to NTFS partitions as standard,,,,,,

(can it copy paste from NTFS directories over to linux partitions?)

Vince

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
No, you cannot have your tce directory on an NTFS partition unless you remaster your initrd to include ntfs-3g.
Core will not be able to write to it.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 05:36:56 PM »
hello,

okay.