WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Micro Python  (Read 1862 times)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Micro Python
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:40:32 AM »
MicroPython is an opensource  Python system optimized for low resource embedded applications. There is a dedicated board, which can be preordered, delivery early October:

Based on ARM Cortex-M4 with hardware floating point arithmetics, multichannel 12-bit analog I/O, GPIO, I2C, uSD, etc. looks a nice platform for embedded signal processing applications.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Micro Python
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
I got my board. It's a great toy, I really enjoy it. First, it works as advertised. To get it up and running connected to Windows took 1 minute, only including installation of USB serial driver which is available on the unit itself on the internal flash drive available as an USB drive.

While program is running, you see an USB drive and an USB serial terminal. No need to download progs, just edit straight on the USB on the host machine, test it via the USB serial terminal, etc. Same with uSD card when inserted, no need to remove and to risk your board. Python 3.4.0 implemented with all hardware related functions including file operations so you have a feeling working on a 'real' machine not on a microcontroller.

BTW, it is an ARM CORTEX-M4 CPU with hardware floating processor, multi-channel DAC/ADC, digital I/O, timers, etc. And with an accelerometer on the board. It is low power consumption, ideal for audio signal processing and for many other projects.

A great little stuff!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:56:25 AM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."