WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: A usage case of Core  (Read 1838 times)

Offline tinypoodle

A usage case of Core
« on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:06 AM »
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
Re: A usage case of Core
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
Thanks

This seems to achieve similar to a a"Unetboot" install of tinycore.

Still trying with the colinux thing here.It's simply a case of running SSH on the tcl box
and SSH in the win32 "putty" box and getting Xming to talk between the box's.

Can't believe this colinux TCL hasn't been you-tube'd or such like for this distro?. Tcl is perfect
for running in this manner.

Your link  above seems to be like he reboots the machine back into win7 then maybe loads a virtual machine? then tells the VM where the partition containing TCL sits. The VM then boots up tcl?.  Seems that his method does not  natively give the machine a boot menu of Linux or Win7 (OOTB) (out of the box)

V

V
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:50:26 PM by cast-fish »

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
Re: A usage case of Core
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:46 PM »
This method here seems different to UNETBOOTIN because it pulls Tinycore down off the internet
and does it's magic.

I don't think however, that it sets up the bootloaders or anything...

wish somebody would complete the simple task of a CO-LINUX  gui version of TInycore...

even i got this co-linux system working to Terminal level, all it needed then was the X WIN client fired up inside co-linux and installed into win32 and the two to talk to each other  (which for people on this forum is a piece of cake.)

Then wrap it up in "script envelope" as a downloadable TCL version for win32 desktops.   

I can't believe this has not yet been generically done for an OS like tinycore.

It's quite literally an hour ....if somebody wanted to do it.  (2 maybe)

Speedlinux is an example of such a system....but TINycore is perfectly perfect Distro to be a Co-linux styled system on win32

V