WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: yet another doumentation quirk  (Read 2370 times)

Offline bernhard

• Wiki Author
yet another doumentation quirk
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:04:20 AM »
when googling for "tinycore frugal install" the second hit I get is a link to an outdated page: http://tinycorelinux.net/install_manual.html. Apparently this page is unreachable through links on the main site; I think it would be better, if the page is deleted completely or at least adjusted to reflect the changes done with the move to 4.2, i.e. the modular refactoring and the separate installer.
--
  Bernhard

Offline tinypoodle

Re: yet another doumentation quirk
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
Main site down - page in question reachable on mirrors ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline bernhard

• Wiki Author
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

absolutely, but ...

where have all the users gone (of Pascal, Modula-2, and Oberon)?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »
Hi bernhard
Apparently this page is unreachable through links on the main site ...
From the Installation page:
The older instructions for <a href="install_manual.html">a manual install</a> are still available, but using the installer is recommended.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 04:49:45 PM »
Yes Rich,

One time Rich, new motherboard manuals here had errors in them.  The motherboard(s) was brand new ....but for all my experience and maybe moderate weekend of effort it was not possible to
get the PC machine built working.

By pure chance, under the homes here , as part of rows of stores, was a PC computer repair place.

I took the new motherboard and the attempted build of a machine there.  All hope was dashed, but then a few days later i went to check up at the store and the staff had got the machine working proper.

The store owner told me Rich, it was several errors in the motherboard manual, displaying WHERE the jumper connectors *should* be connected and the configuration charts were also wrong in the
motherboard.  Basically a series of errors, leading on in the manual from the first error like a sequence of related errors.

He was nice and did not bill the job highly and also sold me a genuine fully compliant windows OS disk with hologram, and that's me all "correct" with Msoft.....even today i still use winXP and am fully compliant with Msoft....

so ......move to any thread appropriate

thx

Vince.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:59:59 PM by cast-fish »