Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbLayout" "fi"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection
-----------------------------------

extlinux.conf

APPEND lang=fi_FI@euro

Is something changed (should be a question mark here ,but not found at this moment!)

Edit:

Xorg7.7 Docs says:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration File

The Xorg server uses a configuration file as the primary mechanism for providing configuration and run-time parameters. The configuration file format is described in detail in the xorg.conf(5) manual page.

Note that this release features significant improvements for running the server without a configuration file, so many users may find that that they don't need a configuration file, or may rely on just snippets of configuration placed in the xorg.conf.d directory.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should conf file be at /etc/xorg.conf.d? (I did found "?"!)

Misalf:
A little more buried:

--- Code: ---/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/your-snippet.conf

--- End code ---

My  10-keyboard.conf  which I got off the webs since it didn't work when I just copy/pasted the keyboard part out of my  xorg.conf  which I used before:

--- Code: ---Section "InputClass"
Identifier       "Keyboard Defaults"
MatchIsKeyboard  "yes"
Option           "XkbLayout"   "de"
#Option           "XkbVariant"  "nodeadkeys"
Option           "XkbOptions"  "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

--- End code ---

Yleisajattelija:
I did read Xorg7.7 docs and /etc/X11/xorg.conf should still be supported with 7.7.

But I will try that "/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/your-snippet.conf", too.

Thanks!

Yleisajattelija:
xorg staff made it again:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration file locations have changed

All of the configuration files and scripts in Xorg-6.8 were stored in /etc/X11, which was not standard. In modular Xorg, all of the configuration files are in the same place but configuration scripts and default files have moved to /usr/lib/X11/ and /usr/share/X11.

When upgrading, since /etc is config-protected, your old configuration files would not have been removed -- this means you'll have some extra files in there that look right but don't do anything.

Also, these new locations are NOT config-protected, so when making changes to say, app-defaults/XTerm-color, be sure to add CONFIG_PROTECT="/usr/share/X11/app-defaults" to /etc/make.conf. Or when updating the init for xdm, it would be a good idea to copy that file from /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 to /etc/X11/xdm/ and update /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config accordingly.

nick65go:
hi, please have a look at my old post
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,15640.msg91652.html#msg91652

in summary : The priorities for new X(Xorg server) configurations are like
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (if exist) "overides" /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf files,
 which they will "overide" /usr/[local]/share/X11/xorg.conf;d/*.conf

look under the hood to see what X did:
[    16.024] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Jul 17 00:10:18 2013  :P
[    16.027] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    16.027] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"

still there is some old info in wiki about Xorg input classes in Xorg.conf
Section "InputDevice" is ignored, now is "InputClass" for synaptics and keyboards when edev is used, which IS, by default.

Reading from http://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.xhtml
"If hotplugging (evdev) is enabled, InputDevice sections using the mouse, kbd and vmmouse driver will be ignored"
the new X server 1.4 uses udev input device discovery and xorg.conf Section "InputClass" configuration.
Setting keyboard layout without hot-plugging (deprecated) has used Section "InputDevice"

The X server essentially treats the collection of configuration files /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf as one big file, with entries from /etc/X11/xorg.conf at the end. sample 10-evdev.conf should be in the likely /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory, which manages the keyboard, the mouse, the touchpad and the touchscreen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version