Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

no sound in youtube

(1/3) > >>

wysiwyg:
Good morning everyone!  I have been using TC for a little bit now for various functions including listening to music and watching movies - all without any problems.  The other day I found a youtube video I wanted to watch, so I loaded firefox and started the video.  I immediately noticed that everything worked except no sound.  Doing a little digging in these forums I found several options like downgrading the browser (although that was with version 4.x of TC), installing flash, and switching from OSS to alsa.  Currently there are no other versions of FF in the 5.x branch of TC, I tried installing flash without success, and I'm already using alsa.  I have also tried install the alsa-plugins (I think is what the package is called), but still no dice.  Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks,
Dave

coreplayer2:
In tinycore 5.x (32bit)
chromium + getflash11 + OSS  works great

getflash11 has libflashsupport for OSS

In tinycore 5.x (64bit)
Firefoxv31 + getflash11 + Alsa + pavucontrol  works great too

getflash11 has updated libflashsupport for Alsa
use pavucontrol to set audio device and volume

wysiwyg:
Thanks for the reply coreplayer2.  Currently the version I'm working with is the 32bit 5.x branch.  I have even tried using chromium instead of FF without success.  I've seen other issues in the forums using OSS, so I think I'll stick with alsa at the moment.  I'm not sure that adding pavucontrol will help with this issue if all it does is adjust the volume levels (I can do that with alsamixer).  Thanks for the tidbits though.

Dave

coreplayer2:
I'm using both tc-5.x x86 and tc-5.x x86_64  all with flash and sound support.

With tc-5.x 32bit   I use chromium + getflash11 + OSS on some pc's and Alsa with others, all work well with youtube and flash11   

try " alsamixer " from terminal to unmute sound.  If sound works from other sources then try chromium

coreplayer2:
Out of curiosity I installed Firefox v21 in tc-5.x x86 which plays youtube flash + sound without issue so I'd look more closely at alsamixer...   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version