WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wi-fi  (Read 9421 times)

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
Re: wi-fi
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
Hello

incredulous that nobody even flinches on that "recall"  story and fact about a quarter of a billion dollars worth of hardware...

This is a computing forum, where i would have expected some real quality information
regarding that.   

why..?....well if a well known brand "recalled" items even way back THEN....and the extreme low
quality of products of this nature today.....it would have been impossible to not
throw your 2 cents of experience in.

It's just odd, because it's a very serious point in the post and i wondered just how often
does this kind of thing happen in todays world with maybe 100 hardware vendors?

sorry to repost....but is this just a fact that i should have more experience and knowledge?

thankyou

Vince.

Offline NewUser

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
The lack of response could be because the recall notice is over 10 years old, and the links in the recall notice are (long?) dead.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 05:21:13 PM »
Hello,

So then, things have just moved on oceans and oceans right. 

it is my inexperience, but then one wonders who pays for the recall?

its a complicated life and year on year giants like SONY are oceans in financial
trouble and it seems that misstakes are systemic  over  several decades...

I am not just trying to annoy or disagree (previous poster)

I know microelectronics is a massive industry but there are enormous jumps
when you go into Defense and the Arms Race.....huge gaps in financial amounts
and the total nine yards of product quality and insurance etc.   Military contracts
are many many billions of dollars in microelectronics research and dev.

i have accepted that nobody has imgined the numbers here.  I am dyslexic
somewhat so it's how i view things like the above as anomalies.  (excuse my spelling).

The technology industry has life-cycles right.       

thankyou

Vince.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »
I think it is more likely that the lack of response is due to the fact that this is a tinycore linux forum, and the whole tirade is , well . . . off topic.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »
Hello,

You think so?

I was thinking that every forum member would see the off topic stuff just the same as
any other thread.

Nobody is bothered perhaps.

maybe i should recall the thread.....     ::)

Vince 

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »
You can sort the topics in the forum display by number of replies or number of views if you're curious.

Sorting by number of replies, I see that about 20% of topics in "Off-Topic - Tiny Core Lounge" have no replies and over 30% have zero or one replies.

This topic, with 34 (now 35) replies has the 9th (now in a three-way tie for 7th) highest number of replies.    :)

Sorting the same list by number of views: only 6 threads have less then 100 views and only about half (47%) have less than 1000 views with this thread coming in at 844.

Every forum member -can- see the off topic stuff but I suppose some will save time by using the "mark read" button on those forums that are not of immediate interest to them.

Personally, I like to at least glance at every new post, since interesting ones will occasionally pop up in a seemingly inappropriate forum or with a seemingly irrelevant subject line... in much the same way that this post doesn't have a lot to do with wi-fi.    :)
32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »
Lee,

THat is a hearty reply and these forum software stacks CMS are getting more advanced.

Really, like you say it was just as you describe.

SO you did a bubble sort or something Lee.   Statistical. THat is what is often used
for programming job interviews. Such things like that.

I can infact do all of that stuff and also counter's and searching lists and graphical
gui programming.

again, drifting off topic....even if there was any topic in the first place.

if anybody is interested i found an interesting programming  language  that forum people may life called "supernova".

I gather from your reply Lee, that you have may at least actually been reading this thread
from it's outset.   

anyhow,  i did an auto end thread earlier.   I am capable at deploying all this kind of stuff
we see here like simple machines forums and other C panel things like email.

In terms of Tinycore, it just works fine on this laptop and that makes me happy. Some stuff
took a little while like xorg. Coughs and splutters but it's usable.

sorry i was daydreaming then....

Well i mainly use web apps now with this laptop. And that is just fine as there are so
many. Tinycore will do fine with the "surf" browser. 

Lee, i use K-meleon web browser on win32 and with it's extra speed plug ins at their home
page, it is absolutely fine on heavy heavy web browsing with 6 plus tabs and 256  ram.

(it's a very fast web browser)  (ver 1.7 alpha 2)

thanks

Vince.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
THis hard drive on this "laptop issue" has finally failed....

and indeed the bios intelligent software "did" report that the drive was imiment for failure
just before it actually did fail.  Now the drive can't be seen by any wiping tools...or by any machine
or in any manner.....(it just has a permanent solid green light....and won't show up via any USB adapter or anything at all on any machine...)

Stick a different drive into this laptop...... and it works fine.

so even with the recall story, i did comment very early on that it may be a failing hard drive
and Rich said it looked like a failing mbr. The drive was 12 years old so. (hitachi).....but i still feel also that the laptop MB may have some kind of issue with certain brands of hard drive....

Vince

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »
Please, blogging is not allowed.