WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Beginner questions  (Read 1896 times)

Offline carld

Beginner questions
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
Hi all,

I just tried to make 5.3 (or 5.3.1) work on my raspberry using my Mac. Unluckily, it seems the Mac doesn't like to create the second partition.

I have an impression that this is also why x, tce, and so on don't work correctly (tce seems to get errors installing x, even though I could see the downloaded files when I put the sdcard in my Mac.

My sdcard also shows tons of errors - seems tinycore doesn't like how the Mac formatted the disk. e2fsck was not able to fix it. The steps to get mmcblk0p2 to work also failed.

Would it be possible to repair those issues (if anyone figured it out already)?

Once tinycore is in the ram, is there a way to just do it right? Use dd or wget or so to just write a new image to the now unused sd card?

Edit:

At 4:30 AM, I figured it out. I hadn't used the terminal commands exactly as implied, so tce didn't work... more sudo and reboots did it.

Edit2:

My next stumbling block, if anyone is interested, was that I could not change the monitor. Even after I figured out how to put vga=795 into bootlocal.sh, it would stay at 640x480, which made X quite painful to use. When I activated a swap partition, it worked. Seems the memory swap partition kept enough memory from being used for graphics (my guess as a novice).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:42:31 AM by carld »