WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Auto start a graphic application after boot  (Read 2314 times)

Offline imaad

• stii ... nu intodeauna stii
Auto start a graphic application after boot
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:33:36 AM »
Hi,

I try to start a graphic application after boot (in fact after the desktop boot-up is done).
I put the path of the application in bootlocal.sh but nothing happen.
I think, maybe, I must put the path to start the application somewhere after the xsession was started, but I don't know where.

If you have any idea why I can start a graphic application after boot-up I appreciate !

Thank,
Best regards,
imaad

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Auto start a graphic application after boot
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
Hi imaad
Create a file containing the start up command for your application and save it in the  .X.d  directory (in your home directory).

Offline imaad

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »
Hi Rich,

Than you, I really appreciate your help.
Best regards,
imaad

Offline imaad

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:27:52 AM »
For info

I can start the graphic application correctly if I put in the start script on .X.d/ a delay of 5s. If I try to start the application without any delay, the application don't start. (For info if I exit to prompt and restart x session the application open correctly.) This is not relay a problem but I prefer that the applications start immediately after the desktop session was loaded.
It's there a reason for this chose ?

It's there a possibility to see the text output of an application that run in background (without restarting the application in console) or to see why the application not started ?
Best regards,
imaad

Offline imaad

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:23:59 AM »
I found where was the problem. In fact for my graphic application a have added some libraries and I have used the ldconfig on boolocal.sh to update the library path. I have putted the ldconfig at the end of the file. (THIS IS NOT GOOD)
The explication it is that the X application try to start but if the librarys was not update yet the application can't start. This is the reason for the delay which I must add before that the application start.

I resolve that by putting the ldconfig on top of the file. Now the application start imediatly after the X session was loaded.
Best regards,
imaad