WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Wayland (display server protocol) on Corepure64 instead of X (windowing system)  (Read 5804 times)

Offline _blue4meridian

Please note the following disclaimer...
The topic of interest is for my personal use (not to fork and/or "extend" this or any other OS)...

I'm interested in using Wayland... display server protocol ( http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_(display_server_protocol)_ ) instead of X windowing system "with" (as in... addition to, not part of) Corepure64 (again... I have no interest in forking and/or "extension" of this or any other project). 

If any "interested" parties (eg. the "community") have the skill set to to implement Wayland I'd be interested in hearing from you to open up a dialogue.  And even if you don't have the skill set I would be interested in "positive" feedback.

Now that I covered the legal caveats... please note the following preface (if the shoe fits wear it)...
What I am not interested in are "critics" (the polar opposite of "mentors") because they don't have solutions (at least none that are not worthless to me).  "Critics" don't want to bring food ("ideas") to the picnic... but they want to sit down and eat.  I prefer mentoring over "critique" (which I view as complaining) and resources over "requests" (which I view as begging).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:18:09 AM by _blue4meridian »

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Wayland
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »
X is an extension.
If you are interest in Wayland you are welcome to compile it and submit the extension.
I you do not have the skills to do it yourself, you are welcome to submit an extension request  in the proper thread.
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/board,46.0.html

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Wayland
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
No, I think it is you who failed to comprehend.
X is not part of core.  It is an extension.
If you are interested in Wayland as a replacement for the X extension, you may compile it yourself, or submit an extension request.
If anyone else is interested, they may pick up the request.
If not, you are out of luck.

Offline _blue4meridian

I "know" it is you who failed to ask ... what do you mean?  And I never said X was part of core so where are you getting that from? 

What you seriously fail to comprehend is... quoting me out of context (cherry picking) only changes the subject and takes it off topic.  You should realize that... comprehension is for the one reading the post not the one posting.  However... you are "welcome" to read the 1st post again.  That is better than assumption (guessing). 

Your comment regarding luck assumes a question was asked... it also speculates all solutions come from requests instead of resources (eg. Wayland project, the larger Linux community, crowdsourcing... etc).  And "moderating" is a far cry from the only game in town when it comes to solutions.

Everything is not a request... sometimes it's called a dialogue (discussion) which should logically be entertained by "interested" parties not "uninterested" ones.

You assume I'm asking for something.  What you are doing is confusing reaching out to the community with making a "request".  And somehow you fail to realize... there was no question mark @ anywhere in my original post or in the topic... but there was a preface and I suggest you read it. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:15:04 AM by _blue4meridian »

Offline frimical

the subject is very interesting .... but... It sounds like a promising constructive peaceful "dialogue"...

Regards

Offline _blue4meridian

@ frimical... Salute!  Positive feedback from the community... Richard Stallman's dream lives .  Thanx.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:19:33 AM by _blue4meridian »

Offline _blue4meridian

@ the community...Salute!  I'm looking forward to your feedback.  Cheers.