WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gnuplot please  (Read 4113 times)

Offline bat

gnuplot please
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
If it is easy to have a tcz for the latest version of gnuplot, that would be great. I can see it in the extension archive for tc versions up to 4, but not version 5. I've bumbled about trying to compile it myself from source with varying degrees of success, so if someone who knows what they're doing can make one available easily, that would be great. Cheers.

Offline jls

dCore user

Offline bat

Re: gnuplot please
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
Many thanks, man, I'm going to have one more try at this, but at the moment I can't work out how to get the tcz file installed from the info on the link that you posted. Sorry, real numpty here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline jls

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:50:34 PM »
hi Bat
tc-ext-tool is for creating tcz
dCore user

Offline bat

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:17:29 PM »
Thanks for that. It works up to a point during the build and then says it hasn't got the package called texinfo. I can't find that with tc-ext-tools or with the app browser thing.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
Hi bat
Try using  texinfo.tcz  from the 4.x repository.

Offline bat

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
Thanks for that. I have done that now but when I type 'buildit' it goes OK for a while but then gets to a point where it gives an assembler error. I should say it was asking for wx things so I loaded what seemed to be the right library at the time (wx GTK something ?).

I can actually get gnuplot to compile and run if I get the source tar.gz file and 'make' the package the usual unix way (with compiletc installed) but the executable does not allow me to produce jpegs or pngs because it is not linked with libgd which also tried to get, but that didn't quite work right! Anyhow, I think I'll do more work on this approach....

Offline jls

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 11:20:33 PM »
Hi bat
post the result of
Code: [Select]
buildit --print compile.

Or try dCore
dCore user

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 03:48:34 AM »
.. but the executable does not allow me to produce jpegs or pngs because it is not linked with libgd which also tried to get

libgd posted

Offline bat

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »
libgd posted

Many thanks all and especially Juanito for libgd which has fully sorted it now for me. For reference, the things you need are compiletc.tcz, libgd-dev.tcz (not to be confused with libgda) and xorg-7.7-dev.tcz and then it is a case of using the standard unix commands: "./configure", "make" and "sudo make install" and it seems to work absolutely fine for my current purposes which is really great!!

Offline jls

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 12:10:31 AM »
Hi Bat,
If u have used tc-ext-tools and u want to update it u can ask arslan to add u as administrator on tc-ext-tools
dCore user

Offline bat

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »
Many thanks, err, another dumb question... When gnuplot compiles it puts the executable in /usr/local/bin but when I reboot, its gone!! Can I make it persistent?? Struggling a bit on that one.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 06:41:21 AM »
See the wiki on making extensions  http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions

Offline bat

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
Thanks for that idea, I'll try to make an extension when I have got a bit more practised with all this. My question was more about how to make gnuplot persistent on my machine (!) and, for my own reference, the thing to do is to add a line saying usr to the file /opt/.filetool.lst and it seems to be persistent after a couple of reboots.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »
If you make an extension as per the wiki then use the Apps gui or simply add gnuplot.tcz to the /tce/onboot.lst  the extension will be persistent over reboots being loop mounted at boot, though you may choose to load ondemand etc etc.

adding items to the /opt/.filetool.lst is more for settings files and home user files etc or temporary trial of an application, aiui..  I think it's safe to say use filetool backup where original conf. files need to be overwritten by personal configuration files.

see http://tinycorelinux.net/concepts.html for more
and http://tinycorelinux.net/book.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:14:19 PM by coreplayer2 »