Tiny Core Base > TCB Bugs

combobox firefox 21 xorg 7.7

(1/2) > >>

rado:
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is really a bug, but was not sure where to put this - feel free to move this to the right place. I searched combobox, firefox and xorg here, but didn't found something related.

I have tc which is running only xorg and firefox on top of it (and there are some iptables rules) - kind of kiosk mode for web exams. And when I click on combobox it doesn't show its items - it doesn't roll out. I can select any item using keyboard arrows, though. And when I move firefox grabbing it's tab (it's just firefox on top of xorg, so no window title) to other position, it suddenly works (and also when I move firefox back, it still works). It happens on several different web sites. If you have two or more tabs the trick with tab grabbing doesn't work as straightforward as with one - you need to do some kind of combination of tab moving for combobox to work.

Does anybody know what could cause it?

I think the packages are based on tc 5.0 (I'm not the author) - so firefox 21 and Xorg 7.7. If you need some other info, just say.

Thanks for help/hint.

curaga:
You need a WM. Combo boxes and other open-up menus are actually windows behind the scenes. Without a window manager they may get behind the FF window.

You can configure many of them to not have title bars, etc.

rado:
Thanks for reply. I know, that using WM would be the safe way, but isn't it possible to do without WM, isn't there some setting in Xorg for this to work? Because once you grab the tab, it works... but anyway, thanks.

curaga:
No, you can't tell X to manage windows, that would make it a WM ;)

rado:
Ok, that makes a bit sense :) but why it shows up, when I move firefox? Shouldn't be it still hidden? I'm just curious :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version