WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Micro Core License question  (Read 2709 times)

Offline nagyt

Micro Core License question
« on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »
Hi Everyone,
 I'm new to the community, please forgive me if I ask my question at the wrong place.

So I'm thinking of using MicroCore as an Image distribution solution:
1. I slightly modified the micro core image file, to connect automatically to an image server and automatically write the image found there to the HDD.
2. I also wrote a program that invokes unetbootin to install my modified micro core image on drive C, and reboots the computer.
3. I wrote a third program, that copies the previous program + unetbbotin + the modified core image to a target computer, and invokes the second program remotely.

I'd like to distribute my modified core.iso, and the programs in 2/3 as a complete image distribution solution, part of a commercial program suite.
My question is that: do I need to share the source of my modifications and programs I mentioned in 1, 2, and 3?

Thanks in advance!

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Micro Core License question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
No, it doesn't sound like you modified any licensed code, so you wouldn't need to give out your modifications. However you are distributing MC, and depending on who it goes to, you may need to provide them the original source to MC (just linking to us is not enough).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.