Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Exploring Hard Drive Files

(1/7) > >>

J41697:
I recently had a problem with my windows 8 OS. I'm trying to use Tiny Core to access all of my files on the hard drive in order to put them on a flashdrive. Files such as my pictures, my document, and my music. I've searched for ways to explore these files, but none have worked. I'm hoping that someone on these forums has some experience with this and can help me. Some of these files are for business and would be very inconvenient to lose. If anyone thinks that they can help me it would be much appreciated. 

gerald_clark:
What do you mean by "explore"?
I use mc.

J41697:
I can no longer access my Windows 8 OS. However, I know that all of my files such as documents are still there on the hard drive. I'm now trying to use tiny core to save my important files from being lost forever.

gerald_clark:
You still have not defined what you mean by "explore:.
You can mount the partition and browse the directory and copy files with mc.

J41697:
How exactly do I mount the drives though? I use the mount tool and select the drives to where they turn green, but what do I do from there. I've tried using both XFE and Fluff and have failed to access hard drive files in both applications. I'm not looking to open the files themselves just to transfer them to a flash drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version