WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Ezremaster's "Extract TCZ in to initrd" still produces a CDE dir...  (Read 4146 times)

Offline alexgill

Hi.

Using 'ezremaster' to create a single 'core.gz' initrd to serve with the kernel for PXE booting. The tool works nicely, but it produces a CDE dir with what I'm guessing are the 'TinyCore-current.iso' X/GUI and FLTK/FLWM extensions...  That dir listing is attached.  I haven't yet deeply examined that the script does, but perhaps you have and have an idea on it.  TIA.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Ezremaster's "Extract TCZ in to initrd" still produces a CDE dir...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:42:15 AM »
Ezremaster creates an ISO to be burned to a CD/DVD.  Why would you think it would not produce a CDE directory in addition to the core.gz  with extensions you specified?

Offline coreplayer2

Ezremaster's "Extract TCZ in to initrd" still produces a CDE dir...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
You've probably chosen to add apps outside initrd. 
Instead, in ezremaster GUI try selecting

"apps inside initrd onboot",

then add all the apps you wish to include in initrd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:46:05 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline alexgill

Re: Ezremaster's "Extract TCZ in to initrd" still produces a CDE dir...
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:46:49 AM »
gerald_clark, OK I understand it's for creating a CD image, but I'm aiming for a core.gz as a stand-alone initrd image for a simpler network boot.

coreplayer2, I did try loading all extensions via 'app on initrd on boot' -- but a CDE directory with the base Xlib and flwm extensions is still there in the image dir.

As a shortcut solutions, (1) I tried including the extension filename in CDE into the onboot.lst, which ezremaster loaded in the 'extract to initrd' window, but this still produced the CDE and a non-X remaster.  (2) Also tried chroot'ing into /tmp/ezremater/extract and looping 'tce-load -i $file' for the contents of CDE/optional/, but that silently failed.  So still chipping away...

Offline coreplayer2

Ezremaster's "Extract TCZ in to initrd" still produces a CDE dir...
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:22 AM »
Done with all apps inside initrd onboot will not create a cde directory in the ISO as far as I know and I use this method almost every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk