Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

[Solved]Possible problem with Alsa module

(1/1)

aplannan:
Hi,
I just picked up a Tascam US-144 on ebay. When run through a USB 1.1 port it functions as a US-122L.  I have done a bunch of reading and believe there may be a bug in snd-usb-us122l  alsa module. For more info - https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=53241

I downloaded the linux-3.8.10-patched.txz kernel source so that I could try to apply the one-line patch mentioned in the link above. I also downloaded the config-3.8.10-tinycore file renamed it to .config and placed it in the root directory after extracting the kernel files. I was able to edit us122l.c and compile to the point that I had snd-usb-us122l.o , but I'm not sure what I need to do to get from .o to .ko.gz and if I'll then be able to build a new alsa modules tcz with the patched module and have that work.

Any help would be super appreciated.

Andy

Juanito:
I'm not sure which version of tinycore you're using, but if you're using the latest version, then you need linux-3.8.13-patched.txz and config-3.8.13-tinycore.

Once you've copied config-3.8.13-tinycore to the top level of the unpacked kernel source and renamed it to .config, you need to "make oldconfig" and then "make modules".

aplannan:
Thanks for the advice. I'm still using TC 5.0 so I had the right kernel sources. Just needed the right make arguments. Worked out great and I have my Tascam US-144 up and running.

Is there anyway I could help so that anyone else trying to get one of these Tascams (144 or 122L) running wouldn't have to do the same fix? I feel really lucky that I found the bug page and was able to make it work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version