WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Debian Jessie dCore  (Read 24277 times)

Offline netnomad

Re: Debian Jessie dCore
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »
hi jason,

no, my usbstick and it`s filesystems seems to be flawless,
there are no error messages,
but nevertheless i check it regulary with
sudo e2fsck -pv /dev/sdc2

i just asume that perhaps dcore-jessie could have problems with the shutdown:
that the usbstick is not cleanly unmounted or has problems to be reinitialized and mounted at the next reboot?
... i just try to find reasons for the problem.

by the way the usbstick makes no problems with other cuts of tinycore or other livessystems!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:32:32 PM by netnomad »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:18 PM »
Thanks netnomad for testing.  I still see an issue with my own ext2 usb bootable drive and will find a fix.  The sytstemd thing in Jessie has provided a set of challenges that will likely not be seen the next Debian version upgrade.

But I am also of the mind that I would rather make one dCore that is excellent than have several that are in various stages of repair, which is the case of packages between the dCores available.  Debian stable does not upgrade libraries or apps except for bugfixes in its lifecycle, and Ubuntu seems to upgrade more often which can cause breakage.  So a Debian stable dCore as the official dCore is much more doable as there are so many packages and basically one dCore maintainer.  The next testing version of dCore will be available when things settle down in Debian testing, I plan it next time to be more closer to the next Debian release so I can do this kind of bugfixing before there is a public dCore testing release.  The Ubuntu dCores were a test of concept, and it would work with Linux Mint, Kali, etc.  But again, better to support one good implementation than spread development effort across a number of concepts. 

So for right now, "waitusb=5" or similar will do, and I will work on a fix that allows the LABEL to be specified in the waitusb command to maximize performance.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
hi jason,

thank you for sharing your plans and concepts.

keep on hacking :)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Updated the release version info to 5.14.9.27.  Please report any issues.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 06:19:24 AM »
...works flawless, smooth and fine for me :)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »
Updated to deal better with groups the user needs to belong to and that would require a re-login to effect upon adding the user to group.  Please download and test.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
Updated.  Main fix is a hopefully error proof way of dealing with the waitusb boot code when specifying UUID or LABEL.  In Jessie and Trusty, blkid being able to read the label/uuid of a usb device does not mean the device is ready to be mounted, nor does a dry run of mount issue the right exit code upon failure.  Actually being able to mount the device is what is tested in the routine.

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release_candidates/dCore-jessie/dCore-jessie.gz

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release_candidates/dCore-jessie/dCore-jessie.gz.md5.txt

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »
Updated for the issues found in dCore-wheezy:

Added the ability to call unloaded ondemand apps from a root terminal if root use is desired like in gparted.  Also fixed the issue of ondemand not obeying command arguements.   

I added an exit code of 1 in debExtract where tar and ar are used in the case of their failure.  Deb2sce was supposed to exit on a fail of debExtract, but the tar and ar commands failing were not causing the debExtract script to exit with a 1.  Hopefully it is more robust now, the md5sums of the debian packages and prebuilt were already being checked whether being redownloaded or using what is already in the sce dir, my hunch is normally an out of disk space issue if there is failure.

Please download and test.

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release_candidates/dCore-jessie/dCore-jessie.gz

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release_candidates/dCore-jessie/dCore-jessie.gz.md5.txt

Offline netnomad

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 04:13:32 PM »
hi jason,

is there an issue with the md5sum?
did you include the scepkglist-script in this cut?

thank you for your help.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 05:04:49 PM »
With what md5sum? Please give more details.  Do you mean why make more checking for the md5 checking already in importsce?  That is a good question, but if a "tar" or "ar" function fails, then it does not automatically cause a failure of debExtract.  There was added some testing of the ar and tar functions in debExtract that would make a failing of tar and ar a failing of debExtract, which would make importsce (via deb2sce)  more solid. 

Offline netnomad

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:21 AM »
hi jason,

sorry for my misleading, imprecise message!

i mean the md5sum-file for the last cut of dCore-jessie.gz

bd3a30f6a2f43e90433da65b2c475445  dCore-jessie.gz

then the md5sum of the just downloaded file from that url:
tc@box:~/tmp$ md5sum dCore-jessie.gz
dde5dc98bd3977099ca8310d38bd64d9  dCore-jessie.gz

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »
Oops, I had left the md5sum file in place from the unpack of the previous cut as a filename marker and forgot to remake it.  Should be good now.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »
Updated to change the "importsce -f" option to the more logically named "importsce -l".  Also, a /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/pkgname.sce.lst file is created out of that specified file list.  That .lst list will be used on future import sessions of that package name whether a Debian one or one of the user's choosing.  Using the "importsce -l" option on future imports of that package name with an expanded package list will create a new sce with those packages and also overwrite the previous .lst list file.   

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
Fkxed a warning message that occurs when the list file option is not used, uploaded new cut.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
hi jason,

i didn't understand the concept of the *.lst-files yet.

so
1. i need a file with the packagelist, that's named f.e. mypackage
2. the command "importsce -l mypackage" copies the file to mypackage.lst
3. mypackage.lst is used for the import-process

i guess that usually mypackage and mypackage.lst are identical, what's the idea behind that?
mypackage is needed for the command, mypackage.lst is needed for the import-process?

thank you for your support and help.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:27:09 PM by netnomad »