WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: setting up the MK802 II  (Read 23484 times)

Offline battcor

Re: setting up the MK802 II
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »
I replaced the kernel with a more updated one. I used the kernel from Patwood, 3.4.67 I believe.

Then on boot I insmod module squashfs.ko or else tinycore extensions will not load correctly.

Could anyone give a step by step procedures on these.

- how to replace TC's kernel with Patwood's 3.4.79
or
- better way to enable wifi of MK802ii

My MK802ii already managed to boot with Tiny Core 5.4 (dCore Arm V7hf) on SD card.

Now on my PC, I inserted the SD card and run the following commands:

$ mount /mnt/mmcblk0p1 (sd card)
$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://dl.cubieforums.com/files/patwood/A10-kernel-3.4.79.tar.gz
$ tar xf A10-kernel-3.4.79.tar.gz -C /mnt/mmcblk0p1
$ umount /mnt/mmcblk0p1

Then on my MK802ii, I inserted the SD card and it didn't boot.

Please help, I am just new on Linux.

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »
The uImage file is the kernel, usually it is a matter of just replacing this file.
If you too have 8188eu as wifi module you will need to upgrade the kernel as 3.0.42 does not seem to support it.

Offline vinikon

Re: setting up the MK802 II- I had some progress on it.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 10:25:11 AM »
Please see http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18085.0.html this thread.
I posted some of my progress.

Waiting for your replies,
Vik
An inspired user of TinyCore...

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
Hey there!

It's great to see someone besides me using this mini pc. I thought I was the last one!

I read you want to install to NAND, it seems not to be as easy as simply dd, because the boot files are different, even by using the cubieboard boot script I could not succeed. What finally worked for me, after searching a lot, was to use prebuilt images from a different a10 system - pcduino and pcduino2. You get the image or kernel, start from that, and then replace the rootfs files with whatever you want. I am now running from Nand, although it's not anymore TC, just a regular debian or a very small custom rootfs.
As for the X setup I will try to remember, myself i'm not using X anymore, I think you had to load some extensions and then it would work, which extensions did you get?