WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny MicorSD-to-USB adapter  (Read 3666 times)

Offline PingPing

Tiny MicorSD-to-USB adapter
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:56:37 AM »
I've just ordered one of these:

http://usb.brando.com.hk/eagletec-usb-nanosac-micro-sd-card-reader_p00905c031d15.html

Given its size, I thought it was the perfect compliment to tinycore.

Offline alu

Re: Tiny MicorSD-to-USB adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 12:08:54 AM »
cool, since i only use usb, i would be interested to know more about sdhc cards (i like them, but never have had use of them):

1. can you boot on them with syslinux?
2. how about swap partition? can you make one, or is it better not to do that (as for usb pendrives)?

off topic in the off topic: in the same way, i am looking for a mini keyboard usable to type with ten fingers; i have looked at the speed link mini media, but don't know if tc support it since it works without cable (usb radio transmission); does someone have a keyboard which is even tinier, and still good usable?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:51:02 AM »
SDHC differs from SD cards in the implementation (ie you need a capable reader), but otherwise it's the same.

1. Yes, you can boot using your favorite bootloader. Syslinux requires a fat32/16 partition.

2. You can, but it's the same as with usb sticks, the flash chip wears out quick if you do

Regarding the keyboard, it *should* work out of the box, but no guarantees. I have used a wireless keyboard with TC before, I think it was a Logitech, and it didn't require drivers in the other OS meaning the wirelessness meant nothing to the keyboard protocol.

DX has some wireless and wired mini keyboards, both usb and ps2 plugs:
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.302~r.57958911
Free shipping worldwide
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline alu

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »
thanks a lot, sdhc looks always interesting to me because of size/portability, i should give it a try. thanks for the url, they have some interesting keyboards, i shall give them a deeper look

Offline PingPing

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
Arrived a couple of days ago.  I put TCL on it straight away (128MB MicroSD card).  Works like charm.