WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: systemd plans  (Read 13302 times)

Offline core-user

• Linux since 1999
Re: systemd plans
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
I think systemd is OK for big distros but it is too big in itself for using on light weight distros such as this (& others that I use/like), hopefully sense will prevail, & we will not lose the unix philosophy of small programs integrating to create a system.

It is not about size.
From what I understand, from the discussions that I have read, it is the intention that it will be a monolithic booting device, with userland programs depending on parts of it. That I do not like.
AMD, ARM, & Intel.

Offline suare

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
From what I understand

From what you've misunderstood.

from the discussions that I have read

Have you ever considered reading manual for the software or, better yet, it's configuration files and source code instead of rants of some pathetic trolls over the Internet? Seriously, with widespread availability of virtualization solution and with all the major distribution switched to systemd it actually takes couple of minutes to get your hand on a full-fledged system booted and managed via systemd. All that and excellent documentation, hell even video tutorials available! - makes me think that it takes considerable efforts to stay ignorant.

it is the intention that it will be a monolithic booting device, with userland programs depending on parts of it. That I do not like.

I've heard they have discounts on tinfoil hats this months - you should rush to get one. Hopefully it will shield you from evil conspiracy of "monolithic booting device" which in reality of sane people actually consists of dozens of modules with well-documented stable interfaces which are btw actively used by developers of various GNU/Linux distros to provided the replacement for components as they please.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »
suare: what is your point?
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline hiro

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
are you trying to say tinycore needs more video tutorials for people like you to understand it's concepts?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
Coming back to a seven-month old thread just to troll? Seriously?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jls

dCore user

Offline suare

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 01:15:11 PM »
suare: what is your point?

Making opinion about open source technology using internet rants instead of documentation and experimentation is equivalent of clinical retardation.