Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce the availability of piCore 5.2.2
, the Raspberry Pi port of Tiny Core Linux. It is an independent system architected by Robert Shingledecker and now developed by a small team of developers with strong community support.
Tiny Core Linux is not a traditional distribution but a toolkit to create your own customized system. It offers not only flexibility, small footprint but a very recent kernel and set of applications making it ideal for custom systems, appliances as well as to learn Linux, matching Raspberry Pi perfectly. It is running entirely in RAM. There is no installation in conventional terms; extensions mounted read only, after reboot the same clean system is available. Base raw SD card image with CLI version is only 21.5 Mbyte including RPi boot loader, firmware and support files.
Changes from 5.2.1:
* Raspberry Pi firmware updated to April 14, 2014 version
* official BusyBox patches applied
* curaga's wget3 BusyBox patch applied, setting default timeout to 10s
* tce-load: Don't show an error when extension contains multiple modules
* tce-load: Use sudo when unmounting meta-extensions
Images with preinstalled SSH for headless operation and with GUI also available athttp://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/armv6/release/
For support visit http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/board,57.0.html
piCore Release Manager