WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Shrew Soft  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Hitchcock

Shrew Soft
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »
Hi,
I'm kind of new to TC and Linux and am trying to setup a VPN client to connect to an Adtran router. The router currently accepts Shrew Soft connections from Windows client. I have looked and there does not seem to be a TC Shrew Soft package. I have downloaded the Shrew Soft tar.gz and TCZ tools but even after reading:

https://code.google.com/p/tcztools/
and
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions

I am still a bit stumped as to the exact steps to get this working. I have extracted the tar.gz but am a bit stumped after that. Any help would be greatly appropriated.

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: Shrew Soft
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
Hi Hitchcock
According to https://www.shrew.net/download/ike:
For build instructions and dependency information, please see the readme file included in the software distribution.
Did you read the file?

Offline Hitchcock

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »
Thanks for replying,
Yes, I was able to actually do the "cmake" with no errors, after a lot of struggle, but ran into an error at about 65% when trying to do the "make" next. So I thought maybe I should be using tcztools. The error I got on the make was:

/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp:108: undefined reference to `crypt'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [source/iked/iked] Error 1
make[1]: *** [source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I researched that error and could only find a small reference to someone having a problem with the cmake that pointed to library lcrypt was not installed: https://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2012-March/013799.html

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:50:48 PM »
Hi Hitchcock
Have you installed the following:
compiletc
cmake
openssl
libedit

Offline Hitchcock

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 07:30:11 AM »
Hi Rich,
Yes, I have all of those installed and I also installed qt-4.5-dev for gui support. I decided to give it all a fresh start with a reboot and re extracted a clean folder of the tar.gz. This seemed to make things go much better but the problem I am having now is that "make" is looking for libpng12.so and I have libpng16.so installed. I can get it to completely build and install if I remove the gui option from the build but our end users will need the gui. Any idea how I can either install libpng12.so or make it use
libpng16.so for the build?

Thanks

Offline Hitchcock

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
Hi Rich,
Thanks for the help. I was able to find an older version of libpng that had 1.2 so I loaded it and the make and make install worked. after that I was able to connect to the VPN at the office and start the rdp session. Now to just add the startup scripts and create the ondemand files.

Hitchcock

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
Libpng12 is not compatible withe core 5.

Offline Hitchcock

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
I didn't know it was not compatible so I downloaded libpng.tcz version 1.2.44 and loaded via the app manager after saving it as  libpng_1.2.tcz in the optional folder (so it wouldn't overwrite the current libpng.tcz). It seemed to load ok  and actually now has to be loaded on boot for the Gui for Shrew Soft to load and be persistent.

I now have Shrew Soft VPN fully working and persistent. It works great booting TC from usb to set up a VPN and then Rdesktop session.

If any one needs any help with setting up Shrew Soft just ask, I could probably save you some time especially if you are kind of a newb like me.

Thanks to though that helped. I'm sure I will be back for more soon.