WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: (SOLVED) XDrdesktop  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: XDrdesktop
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
Hi Drew
Post the result of:
Code: [Select]
showbootcodes

Offline Drew

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »
Hi Rich,

I started from scratch by installing Core to the CF card again.  I did it as a Frugal install to the whole card.  Installed with no boot codes specified.  Looks like the tce directory was created just fine.  Built the script per your specs and saved in .local/bin.  Ran the command to make it executable, but got a handful of usage guidelines back, guess that didn't work.  Also created the .sh file in .wmx, but that disappeared after shutdown/reboot. 

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »
Hi Drew
Post the results of:
Code: [Select]
showbootcodes
mount | grep -v loop

Offline Drew

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »
Hi Rich,

Sorry it's been so long since getting back, been busy on other things.  I know you've requested for me to post results of showboot codes, and I haven't forgotten that.  But I wanted to actually get a working .sh before moving on.  Good news is, I finally got a working script to at least launch rdesktop with correct configuration, prompting user for standard win server credentials. 

Script is simply:

#!/bin/sh
rdesktop "plus whatever string of parameters here"

Installing glibc_gconv.tcz did clear up warnings in rdesktop, thanks for that.

By spending some time with it, things are starting to clear up, and work a bit smoother.  As far as extensions go, we need very few, which is a really good thing.  Users will get everything they need on the apps server they will be connecting to.  Decided not to make the script run at boot, too many unknowns.  For now, user can simply type the name of the .sh script in the RUN program field and away they go.  Would be nice to have an icon on the bar though.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: (Solved) XDrdesktop
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Hi Drew
There are instructions for creating personal icons here:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_personal_icons

Offline Drew

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »
As it relates to XDrdesktop, I should technically call it solved, as I got the extension to work.  Now if I could only get cups to work.  Different topic.

Offline Drew

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
As it relates to XDrdesktop, I should technically call it solved, as I got the extension to work.  Now if I could only get cups to work.  Different topic.
Thanks Rich, that may come in handy.  As you may have noted, having a problem with cups.  Can't seem to get it going.  Suppose I should start another topic.  I've seen some of the older threads on a similar issue, but no luck.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 12:56:33 PM »
Hi Drew
Definitely start a new thread.