WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: advice for GMPC in TC5.x  (Read 11958 times)

Offline coreplayer2

Re: advice for GMPC in TC5.x
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »
I found a current script so updated my previous post.

Also iirc use "base" boot code perhaps avoids this corrupt message
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:52:28 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 02:25:23 AM »
Disregard the boot code "base" above, must have been a coincidence.

the issue of   "PLEASE VERIFY THEY ARE GOOD OR REMAKE" apparently results from running sudo busybox mount -o loop "$F" "$TMP2"  ( line 378 of submitqc5 )

Perhaps related to busybox mount since tc5.1 ?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:34:53 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline gavs

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
Thank you coreplayer2 for the tips and the script.

I tried sudo submitqc5 but got the same message about corrupt tcz. I should also mention that the script does not complete. It reports "/usr/local/bin/submitqc5: line 435: not found".

A question about the script. I was doing chown -R root:root on the extension directory, chmod 644 for 'ordinary files' and chmod 755 for all directories and for 'executable' files, following, I believed, the wiki on creating extensions. Am I interpreting your script correctly that it sets ownership as tc:staff and permission mode as 664 (not 644) for all files, including executables? Have I been setting ownership and permissions improperly?

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
Thank you coreplayer2 for the tips and the script.

I tried sudo submitqc5 but got the same message about corrupt tcz
As said earlier sudo was unrelated to the error message, was just an FYI.

I should also mention that the script does not complete. It reports "/usr/local/bin/submitqc5: line 435: not found".
I believe this is due to a change in busybox mount.  aiui submitqc5 needs a small update to rectify

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:23:47 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »
A question about the script. I was doing chown -R root:root on the extension directory, chmod 644 for 'ordinary files' and chmod 755 for all directories and for 'executable' files, following, I believed, the wiki on creating extensions. Am I interpreting your script correctly that it sets ownership as tc:staff and permission mode as 664 (not 644) for all files, including executables? Have I been setting ownership and permissions improperly?
Maybe some confusion here,  not sure why there would be any executable files in the working submit & tar up directory (as shown below)
I guess I need to ask what is the extension directory? because root:root on the working extension directory is probably not necessary

Placed in the parent dir of  " my_extension_name_directory "  the intention of the script is to make light work of testing the previously created extension and info files using submitqc5, then tar it up ready to submit.  The script set's permissions on these files only, the contents of your extension.tcz is your business :)
besides submitqc5 will balk at you most likely if the permissions of your extension's important files are set incorrectly.   

Code: [Select]
submissions_directory
    place submit script here
    \my_extension_name (directory)
        |-- my_extension_name.tcz
        |-- my_extension_name.tcz.dep
        |-- my_extension_name.tcz.info
        |-- my_extension_name.tcz.list
        |-- my_extension_name.tcz.md5.txt
        `-- my_extension_name.tcz.zsync

see http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:55:31 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
'PLEASE VERIFY THEY ARE GOOD OR REMAKE'
error has been fixed, thanks Juanito

Offline gavs

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
Thank you for that clarification coreplayer2. I was getting confused between the files being 'tar ed' for the submission and the files being 'squash ed' for the extension.

I prepared the files for submission of the libmpcdec and the wavpack extensions. I did not notice any errors or warnings during the build. I decided to try compiling mpd again with these optional dependencies included before submitting (it was the only testing I could think of). Since the build had gone well, I was expecting no problems. I copied libmpcdec.tcz, libmpcdec-dev.tcz, wavpack.tcz, wavpack.tcz.dep and wavpack-dev.tcz to the tce/optional directory. I used the apps browser to load locally these and the other dependencies for compiling mpd. The output of ./configure reports that libmpcdec and wavpack were not found. When I look in /usr/local/lib, links to loops exist for the libmpcdec and the wavpack .so, .a and .la files. The other optional dependencies appear to be detected during mpd configuration. I am pondering what to try or check next. I suppose it is not appropriate to submit libmpcdec and wavpack until this is figured out?

While I was typing this reply, juanito posted that  'error has been fixed'. Tomorrow I will try to update submitqc5 using the apps browser and try it on these extensions.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 03:15:54 AM »
I am pondering what to try or check next.

You could run ./configure and then check config.log

Offline gavs

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
I recompiled libmpcdec from scratch, built the .tcz and the -dev.tcz again and tried ./configure for mpd. Still did not find libmpcdec. I checked the config.log for libmpcdec and there were several errors identified, despite reporting successful configuration at the end. I extracted those lines to post here, but given what I discovered subsequently, perhaps that is not useful.

I decided to get libmpcdec and wavpack from the TC4.x repo (libmpcdec is the same version and wavpack is older) and try ./configure for mpd with them. Wavpack was detected and that encoder was enabled. Libmpcdec was not enabled, same error reported. Then I checked the changelog for mpd. I discovered:
- mpcdec: reject libmpcdec SV7 in configure script
As I mentioned in a previous post, libmpcdec-1.2.6 uses SV7 while the newer musepack_src_r475 uses SV8. The musepack tar has a libmpcdec directory, but there are no configure or autogen scripts in this directory or the root, only a configure.in file. I do not know what needs to be done to compile version r475 of libmpcdec/musepack.

Question 1. Should I just compile mpd-minimal excluding this optional dependency?

The config.log for wavpack also had similar errors. I could post those errors here if you think it is worthwhile trying to figure this out. Alternatively, the TC4.x wavpack extension (it is version 4.60.0 while the one I was trying to compile was 4.70.0) could be copied to the TC5.x repo as it seems to work with mpd.

Question 2. Should I compile mpd-minimal with the TC4.x extension of wavpack?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
I'd say yes and yes.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
Well, I must confess..   my handy little submit script worked great on my PC however not so good on others is seems..   So I had to fix it, hopefully is now more friendly to other configurations and build directories.  I believe the script can be run from most locations on a system , anyhow is updated

Also thanks to gavs for spotting an issue with submitqc5 extension,    While I'm not the maintainer, this needed to be fixed and the real maintainer is AWOL at the moment, so I took the liberty of fixing it along with a few other minor improvements, submitted again..

Offline gavs

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 06:29:49 AM »
I took one more try at compiling wavpack, in case I had made an error. Though the build process completed, it was not successfully detected during compilation of mpd. There was a message about iconv in the config.log for wavpack that may have something to do with this problem?
configure:13161: checking for iconv.h
configure:13161: result: yes
configure:13163: checking for iconv
configure:13179: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
/tmp/ccmZ2X1n.o: In function `main':
/home/tc/wavpack-4.70.0/conftest.c:34: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
/home/tc/wavpack-4.70.0/conftest.c:35: undefined reference to `libiconv'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:13179: $? = 1
configure:13186: result: no
configure:13188: checking for iconv in -liconv
configure:13210: gcc -o conftest -g -O2    conftest.c  -liconv >&5
configure:13210: $? = 0
configure:13212: result: yes
I did not know how to resolve this so I took juanito's advice and compiled mpd using wavpack from the TC4.x repo and leaving out libmpcdec. I will submit the mpd-minimal extension done this way.

I used the following extensions from the TC4.x repo:
libmpdclient.tcz
libmpdclient-dev.tcz
tcp_wrappers-dev.tcz (tcp_wrappers.tcz has already been copied over)
wavpack.tcz
wavpack-dev.tcz

These seemed to work during compilation of mpd and their respective features were turned on. I suppose they could be copied to the TC5.x repo?

Next, I will try to prepare gmpc, a client for mpd, to submit.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52:18 AM »
libmpdclient, libmpdclient-dev, tcp_wrappers-dev, wavpack and wavpack-dev copied to the tc-5.x repo.

Note that, as per the info file, wavpack was recompiled to remove the dep on libiconv, so I removed this from the dep file for tc-5.x.

glibc in tinycore provides iconv functions so libiconv should not be required - however if the extension is loaded, some applications will try to use it in preference to glibc, which, for the sake of less bloat, should be avoided.

Offline gavs

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 04:37:45 AM »
Extensions libmpd, libmpd-dev, gmpc, gmpc-dev, gmpc-locale, gmpc-doc, gmpc-albumview, gmpc-tagedit and gmpc-tagedit-locale have been submitted.
Extensions libunique, libunique-dev, libunique-gir and mpd-minimal had been previously submitted.

Thank you all for your guidance in this project.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »
..and thanks for your contribution  :)