WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: piCore-5.1.rc4  (Read 10365 times)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
piCore-5.1.rc4
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:54:48 AM »
piCore-5.1.rc4 is available for testing. Changes:
  • BusyBox updated to 1.22.0
  • added resize2fs

Image comes with preinstalled openssh, mc and usbutils. sshd starts automatically so it is ready for headles operation out of box:

login: tc, password: piCore

For fast boot there are preinstalled ssh keys. You can regenererate them if you whish any time.

Applications are installed in /mnt/mmcblk0p1/tce Do not use it to install additional packages, it is small and FAT partition. If you want to use it not only for debugging, craeate an ext4 partion on the remaining part of your SD card with fdisk, move /mnt/mmcblk0p1/tce there and reboot. It will be used automatically. I advice to have a minimum of 512M size for second partition. You can create a swap partition too.

If you have an issue with a not working USB keyboard or mouse (or anything else), plese post output of

- dmesg
- lsusb
- lsmod
- uname -a
- version

Download link: piCore-5.1.rc4 md5
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:27:22 AM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Gerrelt

Re: piCore-5.1.rc4
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
Hi bmarkus,

First: thanks again for this new release, I am very happy with the pre-installed openssh!! 8) 8)

But, I do encounter a problem during install.
I burned the image to the SD card and started the raspberry while connected to a (wired) network.
Next I connect succesfully to it from my PC over SSH using Putty (woohoo  8) ).
Then I create a new second partition and format it.

After that I want to move the tce directory to the new partition, and I use these commands for it:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ sudo mv /mnt/mmcblk0p1/tce /mnt/mmcblk0p2
tc@box:~$ filetool.sh -b
tc@box:~$ ls /mnt/mmcblk0p2
tce/
tc@box:~$ sudo reboot;
But after this, I cannot connect anymore to the raspberry with ssh. If I connect a TV and keyboard to it, it still works, but openssh seems to be gone?

Am I doing something wrong?

Greetings,

Gerrelt.
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:12:19 AM »
Looks like /mnt/mmcblk0p2 not mounted (no lost+found directory listed by ls). Most likely you moved /mnt/mmcblk0p1/tce to RAM.

filetool.sh is not needed as nothing to mackup at the moment, just relocating tce dir which is location independent. Even it makes things worst, as tce already moved but system still think it is at the old location. Right procedure:

create new Linux type (ID 83, default) primary 2 partition with fdisk and reboot to make sure kernel is using the new partition table. After reboot:

Code: [Select]
sudo su
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcbl0p2
rebuildfstab
mount /mnt/mmcblk0p2
mv /mnt/mmcblk0p1/tce /mnt/mmcblk0p2
reboot

Before reboot check that tce is really copied to the card. mc (Midnight Commander) may be more convenient to copy and view content.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:17:13 AM by bmarkus »
Béla

Offline Gerrelt

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:36:04 AM »
Yes, thanx, that worked! :)

Previously I didn't have to do the rebuildfstab and mount. I guess this was done automatically by the tce-setdrive command?

I will continue my install now.

EDIT: btw, thanx for the midnight commander tip, didn't know that one yet. Very handy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:39:08 AM by Gerrelt »
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Offline Mithotyn

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
Hi Bela,

many thanks for this release!! It makes everything very easy to me. My Logitech Keyboard is working now and with SSH/Putty i can configure my box easygoing from the couch.

I can confirm that copying tce to a second partition works like a charm.

Greetings
Joachim

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »
Joachim

thanks for the feedback. Good to hear it works.
Béla

Offline lykkedk

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:21:17 AM »
Hi bmarkus  :)

Very good build, thanks for making it availible with preinstalled SSH. - Really having fun, making this work...

I expanded my SD-card with a partition mmcblk0p2, and maked some space for an yet unused SWAP -partition (300Mb) Everything is working as supposed.

I have been playing a few day's, and even without problems installing my favorite editor NANO.
I also installed the squeezelite-armv6hf player, and its working perfectly.

I have ordred some IR-recievers and a LCD 2x16 display, which i will try to make some fun with.

Well... in another piCore (cant remember version) the SCP did not work, before i maked a symling into /usr/lib etc... etc... (cant remember excatly)
The SCP is working in this version!! - (Just did a SCP transfer into my ubuntubox, with the running .config from PROC.)

I looked into the ".configured" kernel source, and found that the following was included in youre 3.12.1piCore kernel ::

> Device Drivers > Multimedia support > Remote controller decoders

> Device Drivers > Multimedia support > Remote Controller devices

--- Remote controller decoders                                                                     
  │ │                          <M>   LIRC interface driver                                                                       
  │ │                          <M>     Enable IR to LIRC bridge                                                                   
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the NEC protocol                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the RC-5 protocol                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the RC6 protocol                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the JVC protocol                                                   
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the Sony protocol                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the RC-5 (streamzap) protocol                                     
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the Sanyo protocol                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Enable IR raw decoder for the MCE keyboard/mouse protocol                                   
  │ │                                                       

--- Remote Controller devices                                                                     
  │ │                          <M>   ATI / X10 based USB RF remote controls                                                       
  │ │                          <M>   SoundGraph iMON Receiver and Display                                                         
  │ │                          <M>   Windows Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Transceiver                                         
  │ │                          <M>   RedRat3 IR Transceiver                                                                       
  │ │                          <M>   Streamzap PC Remote IR Receiver                                                             
  │ │                          <M>   IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver                                                             
  │ │                          <M>   TechnoTrend USB IR Receiver                                                                 
  │ │                          <M>   Remote Control Loopback Driver                                                               
  │ │                          <M>   GPIO IR remote control                                                                     
  │ │                                                     

Some of those modules i need for my project, but cant seem to find them.

I am now looking for the modules in the running raspberry, am i guessing right, that you did not "transfer" all the modules into the piCore ?

// Jesper

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
Jasper@

which modules are you missing? RC modules expected to be in the repo, see rc-3.12.1-piCore+.tcz but maybe you need some others, like IRxxx

The whole pack of modules built with the kernel available at

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/armv6/release/src/kernel/
Béla

Offline lykkedk

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »
Hi bmarkus... got it !  :) - Just didnt know this.

i installed rc-3.12.1-piCore+.tcz. and the lirc things are there.

My "sensor TSOP xxxxxx" needs to be installed through GPIO 18, 3.3v, GND. - http://marks-space.com/2013/10/24/how-to-control-the-gpio-on-a-raspberry-pi-with-an-ir-remote/

Now i am just unsure, what configuration i have to choose, for making the right configuration when compiling the lirc package.
Acording to this http://aron.ws/projects/lirc_rpi/, the Raspberry, need a modded serial driver for gpio input.
I have choosen the Linux event interface in the lirc configuration, and the stuff is compiling on my PI right now.

The paste -out, tells me, that some sort of GPIO support is included!
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_atiusb/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_bt829/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_dev/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_gpio/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_i2c/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_igorplugusb/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_ttusbir/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_imon/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_parallel/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_sasem/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_serial/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_sir/Makefile
config.status: creating drivers/lirc_wpc8769l/Makefile
config.status: creating daemons/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/man/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

Your hardware does not require a special LIRC kernel module.

Now enter 'make' and 'make install' to compile and install the package.

tc@box:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lirc/lirc-0.9.0$

Now i just have to wait for my hardware to arrive  ;D

// Jesper...

Offline zerophnx

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Thanks! ;D

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 03:05:39 AM »
Test period is closed. Be prepared for stable release.
Béla